If Bob .....

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Re: If Bob .....

Post by bob_32_116 »

Hey Mondrian, apparently Bob originally wrote no less than 5 verses for this song. There is a thread about it somewhere - you can probably find it if you search. His producer cut it down to two.

There was some discussion here about whether the more verses the merrier, or whether the song is best as it is (i.e. as originally released). I fall into the latter camp. It's short and sweet, and the two verses say everything that needs to be said. That other Bob (Dylan) was the master at taking 25 verses to say something, but sometimes less is more.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Je suis Bob. Mais je ne suis pas Bob Lind, so I cannot answer for him.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Sorry for my long neglect of this board. I truly appreciate you loyal fans holding the cyber fort down for me. And Mondrian you have sure done some serious posting while my back was turned. Nice to have you with us. I have been turning all my attention to FaceBook and mostly forget about this board. Not cool, I know. But here I am for now. Love to all of you, Lind
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Mondrian has been posting behind Bob's back while Bob's face was in the book. :)

Mondrian, I think the song "Elusive Butterfly" is what drew most of us to Mr Lind, but do you know or own any others in his catalogue?