On Money, Asteroids, Cats etc

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Re: On Money, Asteroids, Cats etc

Post by bob_32_116 »

You don't think you're over-reacting a little, Mondrian, do you? The world hasn't ended yet. Cheer up.
A Guest

Post by A Guest »

[quote="bob_32_116"]You don't think you're over-reacting a little, Mondrian, do you? The world hasn't ended yet. Cheer up.[/quote]

It's your use of the word 'YET' that I find intriguing. It has a certain je ne sais quoi about it, n'est pas?

Do you believe that the world will end soon?

Now who needs to cheer up?

Perhaps you should sit down and calmly write a poem about what, how and why you feel what you feel. Then, you can just let it all go and return to a place filled with peace and tranquility.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Yes, the board apparently does let you post as a "guest" - a bug that I thought had been fixed. Seems a great way of inviting spam.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

As I recall, those nets were used in an ATTEMPT to capture the butterfly. Unsuccessful attempts, because the butterfly was... ummm... elusive. A bit like chasing a rainbow, as sung by The Seekers, or trying to catch the wind, as Donovan valiantly tried to do.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Mondrian wrote:
bob_32_116 wrote:As I recall, those nets were used in an ATTEMPT to capture the butterfly. Unsuccessful attempts, because the butterfly was... ummm... elusive. A bit like chasing a rainbow, as sung by The Seekers, or trying to catch the wind, as Donovan valiantly tried to do.
There's been some beautiful songs and lyrics written over the years - it has to be said. There's also some strange ones too. Desmond Dekker was a strange guy. Not many people know this but he suffered from a medical condition called spontaneous combustion - especially of his head. He was oft' heard singing 'Oh, oh, me ears are alight'. :D
and in the verse I always heard it as "You touch me on the bum, you sound your alarm."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

oh, don't get me started on mondegreens.

I believe the person responsible for one of my favourite mondegreens has actually been known to post on this board: "She's a muscular boy" (Herman's Hermits).