The Elusive Bob Lind

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

EMB

The Elusive Bob Lind

Post by EMB »

Bob,

Hello! Have enjoyed your music ever since a wintry day in early '66 when "Elusive Butterfly" came on the radio to brighten things up. Your voice came out of the radio like a knife cutting through butter (AM radio was very noisy those days; probably still is).

I was curious about the timeline of THE ELUSIVE BOB LIND, which Verve Folkways released in June 1966 after you'd hit it big with the above classic. A decent album (produced by Pete Spargo, who did various work for the MGM labels in those years) though not like the Jack-produced gems that were to come. Safe to assume the sessions were made before you hooked up with Jack and World Pacific, but when and where was it recorded, exactly? Unfortunately, most bios about you start with EB, as if you had just come off the street and recorded a masterpiece. Romantic, but I expect, not the reality.
bob_32_116

Re: The Elusive Bob Lind

Post by bob_32_116 »

(coughs)

I think the truth behind this album's history is somewhat more sordid. Bob Lind himself may choose to fill you in on the details - or he may not, it's a subject he doesn't seem to like talking about.

There are a few threads on the board - this one for example.