Great to be here

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Brian

Great to be here

Post by Brian »

Its so wonderful to see how many people still appreciate Bob's music..And more importantly to see that he is.... well... and still performing...I know you will all agree that Bob is an immensely talented singer songwriter muscian..but I guess..Elusive Butterfly..stands out for all of us..Its soothing lilting lyrics with string arrangement and Bobs outstanding vocals..makes this ..I think!! One of the greatest songs never to have made number one..A number of covers have been done of the song by various artists including Bobby Goldsboro and Glen Campbell..But !
Elusive Butterfly IS Bob Lind..no question!!!!
It was great in 1966 even better in 2006..Thanks Bob and please keep performing.
Last edited by Brian on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

One Week Wonder

Post by bob_32_116 »

Check the following link, Brian:

http://www.onmc.iinet.net.au/trivia/trivia.htm#PAGE4

You will find that Bob Lind is one of the artists who has the dubious honour of spending just one week at the top of the charts in either Australia, the U.S. or the U.K. (i.e. only one of those 3 countries), and never having another hit in any of those countries.

Elusive Butterfly made Number 1 here in Australia in May 1966, but did not get to the top in either the U.S. or the U.K!
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Have you bought Bob's live CD, Brian?

Well worth the money for a live, limited edition CD, which includes Elusive Butterfly too. And for a mere additional pittance, Bob will personally sign the CD.

Simon
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Welcome to the board, Brian. Thanks for the kind words. It's good to have you with us. I hope you enjoy the new stuff as well.

Also thanks for the comments and info, BobNumbers.
And Simon, you're the best salesman on my staff. I always like to see newbees steered in the direction of the new music.
Much appreciated.

Best to all of you.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Thanks Bob..Im sure I will enjoy your new stuff.

Simon one step ahead of you mate I have already ordered The Luna Star live cd..autographed version of course!

Bob_32..thanks for the info and link..Some of those one week wonders are classics and deserved far longer at number one..ah!!. the public are a fickled bunch..Thats a good bit of information about Elusive Butterfly I only ever thought it got to number 5 worldwide..Great to see the aussies made it number one even it was only for a week..and Im pretty sure or though I cant verify it..that if it was number 1 in aus..it was prob number 1 here to.

Now a question.????..Is Bobs cd available only through mail..or will there be a distribution at some stage down this part of the world?
Last edited by Brian on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minnibutterfly

Post by minnibutterfly »

new stuff... man I am so out of the loop!
Mary~ AKA Butterfly~