About Face from Lind

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

About Face from Lind

Post by Lind »

Just want to let you longtime members know I'm changing my policy on the music-sharing issue.
I know that some time ago, on the old board, I mentioned that I was cool with -- and even in favor of -- Lind fans swapping music that was out of print. At the time, I said I considered it a victimless crime and that since the record companies had given up on these things, no one is hurt when one person burns a cutout Lind album and sends it to another.

Now, I'm changing my story.
There are some new developments regarding SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES and I can't really talk about them at this point (soon, I promise). But for now I'm asking that if you have one of those burned-from-the-vinyl discs that have been going around, please don't dupe it and send it out.

As for YOU MIGHT HAVE HEARD MY FOOTSTEPS THE BEST OF BOB LIND. That one's available on download and I lose money when the songs get swapped.

I know that some of you have done it and I'm not mad at anybody. Earlier I gave the process my nod of approval.
I thank everyone who wants to increase the audience for my music.

I'm just saying please hold off on exchanging my recordings. At least for now.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

More than glad to oblige, boss.....no worries here......ooh, I smell a possible official release in the oven......
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Rick

Post by Rick »

No problem with the new no-down loading policy.

Could be an advance signal of a long overdue re-release, of which its long period of out-of-print status has been driving us all in circles!

But what great timing, Bob! My friend, Doc Vinyl, who owns and operates one of the finest vinyl stores in California - American Pie Records in Santa Barbara - emailed me last week, saying he found an almost perfect Since There Were Circles.

Doc and I are meeting in Scottsdale (AZ) in three weeks for the annual Kingston Trio Fantasy Camp, and he's bringing it to me. Special price for a friend: $ 25!

And nice going, Bob, on having the business sense to change directions when you know it is in your best, long-term interest.

You're somewhat of a rarity in the music business - a great sense of who you are, business-wise, combined with an ageless sense of great poetry and timeless music. Very cool...

Rick

p.s. Still love your "Two Women" -- Can someone who might know Tony Bennett's agent please send him a copy, along with the songsheet :)
Last edited by Rick on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Rereleases and women

Post by bob_32_116 »

I hope the bad news about the right to download is good news! i.e. I hope it means that something is going to re-released! I am sure Bob realises that we would willingly pay full price for his music, the issue is being able to GET it.

As for Two Women, I am assuming it wasw just coincidence that the names of the women happen to be ex-wives of members of the British Royal family (Sarah and Diana). Unless Bob L is privy to some unreported intrigue regarding said royals? :D