trying to find oiginal recording

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Michael Bayliss

trying to find oiginal recording

Post by Michael Bayliss »

How do you do BOB,
My name is Michael Bayliss, I reside in Sydney, Australia. Elusive butterfly is one of my oldest and most favourite songs. I heard it this morning on a Christian radio station,( thursday 13 July) on the way to work. The trouble is your original recording of the song is no longer available here. I have tried many avenues to get a copy of the song, but the answer is always ---- "deleted".
can you help me PLEASE? How do I get a copy of the original recording on CD? I was delighted to see your web site. Like you say, I thought you had gone the way of the dodo bird. I'm amazed and glad you are back on the road and singing again.
I would love to see you in Australia for some shows in the near future. How about it? YES. GREAT.
I will get hold of your new CD immediately. Thank you for the memories. Keep them coming. Hope to hear from you soon.

Michael. (Mike)
Last edited by Michael Bayliss on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susanne Gilmore

Trying to Find original Recording

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I just checked out Collectors' Choice music website, searching by "Elusive Butterfly" song title. I found it on 6 different 60's or folk music compilation cds. I am guessing that these are all the original Bob Lind version. There are also quite a variety of artists covering the song - all of these are currently available - Cher, Jane Morgan, Dolly Parton, Russ Conway (I think this one is instrumental), Aretha Franklin and Carmen MacRae.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

You could do worse than buy Bob's limited Live At The Luna Star Cafe CD, Michael. It comes with a live, warm version of Elusive Butterfly.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Thanks guest -- whoever you are.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

And of course, thank YOU too, Susanne. This message board is a self-working magic trick for me. You're saying the things I want to say.

Good luck Michael. Hope the above suggestions help you.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Welcome to our "Lind Community" Michael. I want to strongly recommend you obtain Bob's, "Since There Were Circles" cd. It came after his "Photographs of Feelings" LP and was released, I think, in '71. Fantastic album, and by far the best of his 3 albums released from '66--'71. You can clearly hear Bob's evolution as an artist on it. There are CDs floating around copied from the original viny LP, very high quality copies I might add. People on the the board can help (Ahem, Rob...)
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Hey Michael. I have devoted some serious thought to the advisability of my little suggestion, and have decided you may not want to obtain "Since There Were Circles" in the way I mentioned...
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...