Bob's Guitars

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

alan814

Bob's Guitars

Post by alan814 »

Hello Bob (and everyone else). Been awhile since I've been here. Was surprised to hear the board had been down. Thank goodness grant was able to get it up and running again. I have a question for Bob: In the older pictures (album covers) it appears that you are playing some sort of Gibson. I notice in your current picture you have a Martin. What guitars have you used and why did you switch from Gibson to Martin? Since I play (try too anyway) I'm just curious. BTW, I was able to download your greatest hits and must say I love that album. I was not familiar with some of the songs, but really enjoy everything on it. I always been partial to the singer/songwriter artist and you are definitely one of the best!! :lol:
Last edited by alan814 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Psalm 95:1
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Alan, Welcome back.
I'm not sure what pix you've seen, but I've had several guitars over the years.
Pre-fame, I had an Epiphone. I see it in some of the early, Denver photos from time to time. "Elusive Butterfly," "Mr. Zero," and just about all the other songs from the DON'T BE CONCERNED album were written on that guitar.
The axe in most of the photos, though, is my treasured Gibson J-200. Long sad story on the demise of that one. Short moral: Drunks and quality instruments don't belong together.
Now I switch back and forth between my Martin D-28 and my Taylor 510-CE.
Glad you like the downloads, but in case you're not aware, earlier this year, I released a new In-person Cd. Check out the reviews and merch pages of this site for details.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Good to hear you talk about your gear, Bob.
Interesting to hear about the early Epiphone. Can't remember the model by any chance, can you? I've still got my mid-sixties B12 Epiphone; a very early 12 stringer - high action and hopeless above the seventh fret without a capo, but a nice fat warm sound. Had Gibson machine heads put on it early seventies. I've still got the box, but I find it a bit hard going moving from a Les Paul to an old 12 stringer.

Bad news about the old Gibson. I suppose every one in the business knows about drunks and guitars - did you lend it one, or were you one? :)