Lind Returns to the Luna Star

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Lind Returns to the Luna Star

Post by Lind »

Just a note for you Florida fans: On Friday, the 21st of this month, I'm returning to the LUNA STAR. I haven't played there since I recorded the CD back in Sept. of last year.
I start at 8 and the price of admission is a shockingly low 10 smackers.
Hope to see a lot of you there.
See the Gigs section for more details.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Be there if I could, Bob. The admission fee is cheaper than a gallon of diesel is over here. Sadly, the air fair isn't.

And don't let anybody out the building until they've bought a CD.

Simon
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

As you already know, it is impossible for you to escape your entourage.

See you Friday night... West Florida Summer's Child and wife and brother will arrive with the windows rolled down!
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Hope the Luna Star was rockin' tonight!
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
DaleAnne

Post by DaleAnne »

The old grapevine tells me that the Luna Star did, indeed, rock. In fact, there may still be echoes of Bob's show resounding throughout the day today.
Last edited by DaleAnne on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Unbelievable experience! The Luna Star is a wonderful, intimate club... thanks Alexis... the bow tie pasta and spinach salad were outstanding!

To start things off, the SLOW traffic on I-95 into Miami almost did us in, including Mr. Lind, but all our guardian angels prevailed, and everyone got there in one piece!

The show started a little late (thanks again, I-95!), and it turned out to be well worth the wait! Mr. Lind treated us to about two hours of music, humor, and love. We love you too, Bob! What a beautiful, moving performance!

For those who haven't yet experienced personally Bob Lind's kindness and love, please let me share a quick "photograph of feeling" ... after the show had ended, and Bob had already spent ten or so minutes chatting with me and my family at our table, when we announced that we had to leave, Bob WALKED WITH US TO OUR CAR to thank us for coming and to make sure we left safely.

Bob, you made us feel loved, in addition to treating us to your superb music.

Many thanks, spilling over, from me and my family to you!
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. And it was a joy playing for you.
But lest anyone reading the above post get the mistaken idea that I'm some kind of wonderful, giving soul, we should get this straight:
Jeff and his wife and brother made an 11 hour drive from another time zone, through torrential rain on a broken, torn up highway to see one 90-minute show.
He had a menu from the Troubadour that I had signed for him in 1969 -- a relic he's kept these 37 years.
These are not casual-interest, fair-weather fans we're talking about here.
When I meet people who love my music like these people clearly do, I'd say it's not exactly Jesus-like to walk them out to their car.
The honor was all mine.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poobaa

I will never forget

Post by poobaa »

"West Virginia's summers child"
Last edited by poobaa on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Dedicated fans

Post by bob_32_116 »

Lind wrote:Jeff and his wife and brother made an 11 hour drive from another time zone, through torrential rain on a broken, torn up highway to see one 90-minute show.
Hmmm. No doubt Jeff & entourage will look back on this occasion and Remember the Rain.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Re: Dedicated fans

Post by Danny Harris »

bob_32_116 wrote:
Lind wrote:Jeff and his wife and brother made an 11 hour drive from another time zone, through torrential rain on a broken, torn up highway to see one 90-minute show.
Hmmm. No doubt Jeff & entourage will look back on this occasion and Remember the Rain.
..."resting on my heart around these curves..."
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."