Help with identifying LInd song

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Sorry - I should have put my name at the bottom of the above posting. Still can't log in on this computer.

Simon
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

'Couching vacuous and inane ideas in portentous prose impresses no one'. Really Simon. I've read your postings. Talk about portentousness. Give me a break.
Last edited by Lost In The Crash on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Daniel H wrote: ("The 1910 Fruitgum Company wrote more meaningful lyrics than Bob Dylan").
Don't laugh, I'm sure there's someone out there who would seriously argue this!

Boys, boys, you must play nice......a divided army is no army. :D
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
DaleAnne

Post by DaleAnne »

rob68 wrote:
Boys, boys, you must play nice......a divided army is no army. :D
That's right, Rob.
And we're all Bob Lind fans, right? Otherwise, what are we doing here? Maybe we have ghosts among us, who drifted into the wrong area.
Last edited by DaleAnne on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

I completely agree with Rob and DaleAnne. Let's stay focused on the common interest which drew us together. I was delighted when I discovered Bob's website, and still am. I wrote that apology and explanation to mend fences, not to escalate tensions. I hate to think what the response would have been had my tone been hostile! Anyway, I consider any fan of Bob Lind's to be a friend of mine, and that obviously includes everyone on this message board. Peace, brothers and sisters!
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Daniel -

I'm looking forward to your review and pictures of the Memorial weekend concert. Wish I could have been there. Your review will be glowing, I'm sure.

This site has meant the world to me. I have this "love" for Bob Lind's words and music that has stayed with me for 40 years. I'm also one of the most fortunate people on this planet to have met him, hugged his neck and spent a few minutes chatting. How many people get to meet someone they just admire the hell out of in their lifetime.

Bob Dylan is Bob Dylan and while I like a few of his songs, he's not Bob Lind. There is no comparison. It's like apples and oranges.

Libby
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Bob Dylan is Bob Dylan and while I like a few of his songs, he's not Bob Lind.
...as Joan Baez often says after one too many sangrias.....
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Post by bill »

Thank you "ever so much" for responding to that one !!! I didn't know where to begin !!!

Bill
Last edited by bill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

grant wrote:
Bob Dylan is Bob Dylan and while I like a few of his songs, he's not Bob Lind.
...as Joan Baez often says after one too many sangrias.....

I knew there was a reason I liked Joan.

:)
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Yummy yummy

Post by bob_32_116 »

Daniel H wrote:("The 1910 Fruitgum Company wrote more meaningful lyrics than Bob Dylan"). The observation is untrue, but its falsehood cannot be demonstrated, certainly not
Says who? The 1910 Fruitgum Company were at the cutting edge of musical experimentation.
Even so, they paled into insignificance beside the awesome Ohio Express, who really "pushed Shakespeare to the edge" with immortal lines such as

"Yummy yummy, yummy, I got love in my tummy"

and

"Chewy chewy chewy chewy chewy chewy chewy baby"
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Bob_32_116--You forgot to mention the timeless melodies and intricate lyrics of works by The Lemon Pipers, and (of course) The Archies. Amazing how "Sugar, Sugar" mesmorized America, even though the song was written in a mere 5 minutes and recorded by a "group" which didn't exist. The vocals, such as they are, were performed by Ron Dante, who was also did vocals for the Cuff Links, an equally vaporous band. Your comments inspired me to listen to a collection of bubblegum hits I have, and they are extremely funny; a few (dare I admit it?) are even catchy. People think of "Yummy Yummy Yummy" as an innocent, childlike song. Is it just me, or can some of those lyrics be interpreted in a way which is decidedly suggestive? Maybe even a little lurid? Those grunts interspersed through the song sure don't sound particularly innocent. Anyone else have some bubblegum favorites?
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

I should not have said "favorite" bubblegum songs. That's humiliating. Any songs of that genre that particularly strikes anyone's funnybone? (Genre?)
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...