Mono vs. Stereo

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

rob68

Mono vs. Stereo

Post by rob68 »

Bob (or anyone).......Were the mono LP versions of Don't Be Concerned and Photographs Of Feeling true mono mixes, or just stereo fold downs? Also, besides the sound of the mixes, does anyone know if there are any vocal or musical differences between the mono and stereo versions of those 2 LPs? Like different takes for certain songs. I know this would happen occasionally on some 60s albums....
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Sorry to say Rob, I have no idea how to answer you. I just sang, played and cashed royalty checks. I left the sound to people who know about it. I was 21 back then and I'm still the same at 63.
Maybe someone else here knows.
Good luck.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

I just compared the mono and stereo versions of "The Elusive Bob Lind'' LP. No different takes were used, but the mono version literally sounds like garbage. The music tracks are horribly muted, with strange instruments appearing in the foreground. Whatever one thinks of the music that was added to Bob's vocals, it sounds 100 times better on the stereo version. I'm glad this is the one I used for dubbing this LP to CD.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....