Board upgrade -- notice anything?

When things don't work the way they should.

Moderator: Jill

grant
Admonkeystrator

Board upgrade -- notice anything?

Post by grant »

Just upgraded the board to the latest software -- as always, let me know if anything strange happens.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Susanne

Board update

Post by Susanne »

I'm STILL not seeing the orange "bells" or whatever they are. I am just readin g the posting dates to see if there is anything new.
Last edited by Susanne on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

How odd -- does the board log you in automatically? I've noticed on another message board I'm on that if I don't log in automatically (or rather, if it doesn't log me in) the "new posts" thing never comes up -- it thinks I've seen them already even though it doesn't know I was me, if that makes any sense.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Just so everyone knows, I just upgraded an anti-spam package, and attempted to upgrade the board software. Everything about the board upgrade seems to be successful EXCEPT the little notice in the special menu that tells me what version of the software we're running.

So let me know if there are other odd things about registering or logging in or posting messages, please!
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Again, I've just upgraded the board to the latest (and final) version of phpBB2 - phpBB 2.0.23. The folks who make this software have moved on to phpBB3, which I'll move this board to eventually, once they make the file transfers that go with upgrades automatic rather than by hand.

You don't really need to know that.

However, if you notice anything strange about the way this board behaves now that I've changed things behind the scenes, let me know. Thanks!