"Do you remember the time story..."

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

loyal

"Do you remember the time story..."

Post by loyal »

Hi Bob,

What a joy finding your page and even more reading your responses.

Sure it's true that all those abuses like drinking and drugs killed a few brain cells but look at all the room we made for good ones. Now for my "Do you remember the time story..."

1st one. It ws the premier of "The World is Just a B Movie" at a small theater in Hollywood. It took a while to find it but I did. I took my darling and we stood in the lobby with the small crowd having drinks and said hello and then it was time for the movie. The cast and crew went to one side and the audience to the other. If I remember right, her and I were whole audience. Anyhow, that was the first time we met. Fast forward.

2nd time. You were playing at the old Bla Bla Cafe on Ventura Blvd in Studio City Ca around 1976-78 and I re-introduce myself between sets. We talked about motorcycles and I offered to let you road test my new BMW. My jacket and helmet fit you and off you roared down Ventura Blvd.

Worried about my bike? No. I was just hoping you made it back safe for your 2nd set. You did.

Loved your story about Roger Miller. I'm watching for tour dates that I can make. Look for a green Morris Minor. Love you pal. Your songs made a difference in my life!

Loyal
Last edited by loyal on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil_Knutson

Elusive Butterfly Lyrics

Post by Gil_Knutson »

Anyone have all 5 verses of Elusive Butterfly?

Bob figured one of you might want to send them to me.

TIA

Gil Knutson
gknutson@uniserve.com :D
Last edited by Gil_Knutson on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gil
Sardis, BC
Canada
alan814

Post by alan814 »

Loyal. What great memories! It's nice to be able to look back and have memories like that to share.

Gil. Look for an email from me (rascal@tctc.com) and I'll send you the lyrics requested. Great stuff. Wish I could hear the whole song done (by someone other than myself (Bob, hint hint hint).
Last edited by alan814 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alan
Psalm 95:1
Mai

Post by Mai »

Oh, wow! It's been a long time. When I was younger I used to have a problem with depression. :cry: I was, however, very fortunate to have a loving understanding husband who would hold me and stroke my hair and sing "Truly Julie's Blues." :!: He got killed in the Delhi 'riots' in 1984, and I forgot about the song until I 'accidently' came across the lyrics recently..Thank you for these sweet memories.

Mai
Last edited by Mai on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hi Mai, Welcome to the board. Pretty touching to read posts like yours. It's always surprising and, in this case, satisfying, to see where my music grows up and goes once it's been born.
Thanks for the inspiring words. Stay close to the board. It's good to have you with us.