Gasoline prices....

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

ChuckB

Gasoline prices....

Post by ChuckB »

The America I grew up in would have NEVER allowed the oil industry to rape and ravage consumers at any time, let alone when we're at WAR. When I suggest to my friends that we should ALL be willing to make sacrifices, as our forefathers did to get through wartime together, I get the resounding "As long as I got mine, you aren't taking it away from me" answer.

For example, if kids in high school aren't driving to jobs, doesn't it make sense to take the bus, or walk and save the car usage for the weekend? While I have been called a communist and worst for suggesting this bit of conservation, I am wondering not so silently if we are capable of ever thinking of our "fellow man" anymore. Our soldiers are dying in terrorist infested country that we created. Our country is run by corporate lobbyists, many of whom lost political posts for unsavory practices. What can we do? Neither political party seems to be very concerned.

The media is either telling us about record multi-billion dollar profits or how people are pawning belongings to afford the gas they need to get to work. Does anybody see a problem with temporary lid on profits to keep the price of gas under $3 a gallon? I'm all for capitalism, but pretty soon a gallon of gas will cost more than what a very high percentage of workers make per hour... it will cost them a day of work to pay for the gas to get there? Isn't that just a little nuts?

I welcome your comments, both positive and negative.
Last edited by ChuckB on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chuck Benjamin
Songs You Should Have Heard
LegatoCafe.net
Meibion Glyndwr

Post by Meibion Glyndwr »

Post removed.
Last edited by Meibion Glyndwr on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

I won't chop this, but let's keep this stuff to a minimum. This is not the place for these socioeconomic/political essays. Next time you want to post a rant, at least put the letters (OT) in parenthesis after the subject so readers will know it's off topic.
I'd prefer not to see these posts at all, but, at this point at least, I'm not going to censor them. I realize the section is called "General."
On the old board, I myself posted a thread offering condolences on the London terrorist bombings. So I can't get to far up on my high horse. But in general, please, let's keep the forum soapbox-free.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meibion Glyndwr

Post by Meibion Glyndwr »

Hey, Bob: I didn't think it was that bad for an answer. I can see how it wasn't really appropriate, though, so it's gone. :oops:
Last edited by Meibion Glyndwr on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Y Ddraig Goch ddyry gychwyn
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Hey, I like rants! About Bob's music!
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

All I can say is I sure wish I still had my "trusty Morris Minor" that got 40 plus mpg & that I could drive around for $1-2 dollars worth of gas per week. (of course it wouldn't go over 60, although the speedo optimistically went to 80!)
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Post by bill »

Wow !!! I never knew what that meant ...thought Bob was saying "Horace Minor".....so it is a bike ..a car ??

Bill

" A chance to fill the open space is all I'm after"
Last edited by bill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visitor256

Index

Post by Visitor256 »

I could not find this site in the Search Engines index