Curious about Bob's other Media creativity and where to find

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Seeker2be

Curious about Bob's other Media creativity and where to find

Post by Seeker2be »

Other sites mention that Bob has written screen plays and novels. I am sure we would love to find these items. What about it Bob ? Where can we experience them. Ed
Last edited by Seeker2be on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Ed,
How do you turkeys find out about this stuff?
Yeah. I plead gulity to writing six unpublished novels and zillions of short stories.
The stories have been published in long-dead issues of literary magazines like The Crescent Review, Karmic Runes, and other obscure publications that actually pay with subscriptions.
In 1991, my screenplay REFUGE won the Florida Screenwriter's Competition for which I receieved a plaque from then Governor Lawton Chiles and an invitation to an awards luncheon in which my four fellow winners and I enjoyed dry chicken breast and listened to a host of movie moguls tell us that Florida would soon be the filmmaking capitol of America (If it happened, I missed it.)
Bottom line: Thanks for asking but those literary works are out of the loop.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Bob -

We pretty much think if you touched it, thought it, wrote it, sang it, or were otherwise involved in it or with it, it has to be gold. We just want to put our hands on it because of this. You can't do anything wrong according to this pack that follows you faithfully.

Libby
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Roberts

Post by Martin Roberts »

Spot on Libby.
Once you've been touched by the songs, by there melody, the phrasing of the vocals, the lyric or likely these and more it's natural to want to know more about the man who created it. Bob Lind, singer/songwriter yes but what makes him tick? And to hear you've been involved in other creative endeavors, well... Be they serious or humorous, like it or not your fans will want to read 'em!
Martin
Last edited by Martin Roberts on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seeker2be

Bob's literary works

Post by Seeker2be »

In my extensive ecclectic humidity controlled library I have a complete collection of the Crescent review and the Karmic Runes..... Unfortunately and tragically that library was broken into and the issues concerning your literary works were stolen... Any chance you can put the issues on reserve at the Boca Raton Library for excellence so that when any of us affictionados are in town we can review these works? Ed
Last edited by Seeker2be on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
royb404

Post by royb404 »

I just read this set of postings and I have to agree with Bob that movie people are a lot of hot air.
I have been published in everything from Time to Penthouse yet there is no way on earth I could write like Bob.
I think your screenplays and stories-like your lyrics-were to cerebral.
Roy