Good to have the board back --

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Rick

Good to have the board back --

Post by Rick »

The old adage of you don't really know how much you miss something until it's gone applies to more than just a love affair gone south...

I know we all missed the board this past week....and all of your great follow ups to our postings/questions/etc. Bob...

btw, "Two Women" still blows me away every time I play it - both ladies represent personal love affairs gone south in my past lifes...! lol...

Rick
Last edited by Rick on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaleAnne

Post by DaleAnne »

Seems that everyone is a little tentative about posting, and that includes yours truly.
I thought that some of the data was going to be recovered and maybe it still will be.
Anyway, you braved the waters of the new/old Message Board. You get a gold star, Rick.
Last edited by DaleAnne on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Post by Martin »

From what I can understand the first attempt to get rid of the 'Turk' was to use the original back-up file. This, as with using a start-up disc if your computer crashes, seems to have put the message board back to its original state and erased all the messages, except for that from the 'Turk'. The messages may still be there but will need the return of the WebMonkey to find them. It does seem that the message board is working okay now but what a tragedy if the old messages are gone for ever.
Martin
Last edited by Martin on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaleAnne

Post by DaleAnne »

Thanks for the info. That makes sense.
Last edited by DaleAnne on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth »

Glad to see it's back up. Even if Grant can't restore it, we've already started over. That turk troll can't keep us good folk down. We'll all just keep coming back over and over. Apparently, he don't know who he's dealing with.

Libby
Last edited by Elizabeth on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Kick his ass, Libby.
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
bob_32_116

What happened?

Post by bob_32_116 »

So... for those of us who have not visited the site recently and missed all the drama - what happened?