The Album That Dares Not Speak Its Name

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

grant
Admonkeystrator

Re: The Album That Dares Not Speak Its Name

Post by grant »

It's an album that was Frankensteined out of demo tapes and studio musicians without Mr. Lind's participation, approval or even knowledge. Some people kind of like the sound of the final product, but Mr. Lind is not among them.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Just to clarify, the album in question is called, "The Elusive Bob Lind." Now that FINDING YOU AGAIN is out, we hope that oldie goldie fades far into the background.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

fredthe3rd wrote:And is that where El Jarvo dug Cool Summer up from?
Yes, for The Trip.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Ha Ha!

Lind fans are much more forgiving than the artist himself, regarding this album...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:Ha Ha!

Lind fans are much more forgiving than the artist himself, regarding this album...
The problem is that, while the "production" is appalling, and the whole unauthorised project stinks, some of us think that certain of the songs are too good to be ignored, and just wish that they were available on a decently produced disc, made and authorised by Mr Lind, with full credits and royalties to Bob Lind and the other songwriters concerned.

For example, check this clip of Judy Collins singing "The Golden Apples of the Sun", a song featured on the Elusive Bob Lind album under the title "Wandering". (It seems to be a traditional song, so it's a moot point what the correct title is.) This is one of the better tracks on the Verve album; the beauty comes through despite the shoddy production, and I think someone with the production skills of Jack Nitzsche or Jamie Hoover could make this sound magical.