Bob on Band Box in Denver?

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Download Windows 10

Bob on Band Box in Denver?

Post by Download Windows 10 »

I am a Denver native and collect local artists (including Bob of course) I am working on a local discography for the long ago North Denver Band Box Label - and I recently made contact with a Denver artist who first recorded with Band Box in 1969 - Duncan Tuck. He was a South High student and actually won a "recording contract" at Elitch Gardens in a contest - He told me that Bob was signed to Band Box for a short time. I was wondering if you (Bob) recorded in their studio on 41st Ave - and were any records pressed on the Band Box label - Vicky Morosan was the label owner and I understand she was quite active at the studio.

Van Trevor recorded for Band Box as did Penny DeHaven (Penny Starr) - The Ink Spots released one LP there - and Joe Valino of late 1950's fame (Garden of Eden) recorded one single for Band Box. There were some other minor stars - most noted local was Ronnie Kae the late drummer.

Would appreciate any input on the Band Box days and Bob Lind!
Jill

Re: Bob on Band Box in Denver?

Post by Jill »

Hi Craigr,
Bob doesn't like to talk about this. If you do some digging I am sure you will find out why.
Take care,
Jill (Bob's Manager)
Download Windows 10

Re: Bob on Band Box in Denver?

Post by Download Windows 10 »

I believe I know why based on my brief conversation with Duncan - Valerie I have heard was a bit of a challenge. Thanks!