New Live Performances on the Music Page

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

jeffbenton

New Live Performances on the Music Page

Post by jeffbenton »

Thanks for the great additions to the Music page.

Bob's tribute to his mother on "Someone To Adore" is heartfelt and heartwarming.

Bob's interpretation of "Bottle Of Wine" not only touches the nerve of the experience of many of us, but is also another classic "photograph of feeling." Sure would love to hear this one on a CD...

Keep on keeping on, Bob. Love ya, man!
West Florida Summer's Child

"...maybe Bethlehem is you and me..."
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: New Live Performances on the Music Page

Post by Lind »

Thanks Jeff. Good to read this. "Bottle of Wine" isn't on the new CD, There is, however, one non-Lind composition. Hang on, the album will be out on Sept. 24 -- which just happens to be my mother's birthday. She would have been 93.
"Someone to Adore" DID make the cut btw.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Bob,

Talk about being in good company on my birthday (also Sept 24): Bob Lind's beautiful mother and mean Joe Green!

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Whoa! What are the odds. Happy Unbirthday Libra.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Bob,

How great would it be if the full, five-verse version of EB could be added to the Music Page, so that new readers of the Message Board could compare and contrast it to the commercial version already on said Music Page! Might make it a little easier to find than digging around the Message Board posts.

A question for everyone:

Also on the subject of the Music Page, these words appear, preceding Bob's EB video:

This is by no means Bob’s best song, but it’s the one most people know him for:
“Elusive Butterfly”

I'm wondering which of Bob's song(s) might be considered "best," IF it's true that EB is "by no means Bob's best."

bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

jeffbenton wrote: Also on the subject of the Music Page, these words appear, preceding Bob's EB video:

This is by no means Bob’s best song, but it’s the one most people know him for:
“Elusive Butterfly”

I'm wondering which of Bob's song(s) might be considered "best," IF it's true that EB is "by no means Bob's best."
I'd be more interested in who made that statement, which is, after all, just a matter of opinion. Personally, I think the word"best"should have been replaced with "only great".

EB is still the one I find myself constantly wanting to return to, more than any other, even though I've heard it a thousand times. "It's Just My Love" is its only serious rival for the No.1 spot on my Bob Lind chart.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Bob,

I agree. EB is also best on my list, and I prefer the five-verse version. As for my "nextest bestest," Truly Julie's Blues still brings tears to my eyes. Incurable romantic.

By the way, on the Luna Star CD shortly after Two Women, Bob explains his unique, hilarious outlook on the meaning of "the best." Check it out!

bill

Post by bill »

EB is certainly on the "best list" but also countless others. Recently heard EB on internet radio while driving. Always nice for me when someone else thinks to "program" it. I told Bob several years ago how much I always loved "Remember the Rain" ,,,, his response was "Really ? I never really thought that song was very good." ....." Bob...Really ? " .... :D
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

bill wrote:EB is certainly on the "best list" but also countless others. Recently heard EB on internet radio while driving. Always nice for me when someone else thinks to "program" it. I told Bob several years ago how much I always loved "Remember the Rain" ,,,, his response was "Really ? I never really thought that song was very good." ....." Bob...Really ? " .... :D
Well, don't forget this is the man who did not want "Butterfly" released as an A-side because he thought it the worst of the four songs recorded for the session. The artist is not always the best judge of their own work!