Laurel Canyon

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Susanne Gilmore

Laurel Canyon

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I just came across a new (well, published in 2009) book, Canyon of Dreams by Harvey Kubernik. It's quite interesting, has many pictures including quite a few by Henry Diltz, and there are even a couple of references to Bob Lind! There's a photo of Bob posing in front of a wall full of guitars (was this taken in McCabes?) Anyway, it's a cool book with many interviews and different perspectives on what it was like here in LA back in the days when Laurel Canyon was in its heyday.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: Laurel Canyon

Post by Lind »

Hey Susanne, Yes. the book is a few years old now. Henry's pix are wonderful as usual. And in a nice coincidence, Henry took some other pix of me at McCabes on this last tour (May-June) -- also by the guitar wall. I don't understand how to post pictures here on this Message Board but maybe grant's arm can be twisted.
The photos were taken almost exactly 46 years apart -- to the day.
Watch for a post from grant -- or from someone who knows how to copy/paste onto the board.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Bizarrely, many of those guitars appear to be the same guitars in both photos, though some new ones have been squeezed in for the later photo.

What is McCabe's? A music store, or something more?