The new Lind album

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Jill

Re: The new Lind album

Post by Jill »

Hey Suzanne,
I"m sorry about the delay getting your disc. I think Best Buy gets their stock through another distributor so there is an extra step in there somewhere. I've heard that folks who ordered from other sites have just received their CDs here in the US. I know how frustrating it is waiting! It's well worth it though.

If anyone has gotten their disc already and wants to let us know where they ordered from, we'd love to know!
Take care,
Jill
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Hopefully, Ace is manufacturing enough copies.

Ordered mine from http://www.importcds.com out of California.

They showed one copy in stock at the time, and claimed they'd have more copies on October 2nd, but they never did get any more and are currently showing zero copies available. It supposedly shipped on Monday, but has yet to arrive. Maybe Saturday will be my good news day.

Also, best wishes to John Duncan.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Jill

Post by Jill »

It is my understanding that twice a week ACE replenishes stock to all of the vendors so I'm pretty sure the ones who show just a couple in stock do that as a way to push the buyer to hurry. I noticed that Amazon UK got all the way down to 1 left in stock then it went almost immediately back up to 2, hmmmm. Don't worry, the CD is in ample supply.
Oh and p.s. I am so sorry Susanne! I saw the "z" just as I hit the submit button and it was too late.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

That which we anticipateth the most always taketh the longest to arriveth

Did that sound biblical enough?

This one is having trouble Finding Me. Ten days and still hasn't arrived yet. Another CD I ordered that shipped the day before the Lind also hasn't arrived so surely these are the end times. But I promise to eventually come back as Obama in the first debate.....err....I mean as a zombie....and describe how much I like the new CD.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I sure miss the "good old days" when you could rush to the record store as soon as your favorite singer's new album was released, pick it up, and hurry right back home to drop it on the turntable, sit back, and enjoy the music. When cd's became popular, that was even better because you didn't have to wait until you got home; instead, you just got back in the car and popped the cd into the player and listened while you traveled. Now it's become wait by the mail box! Aaaaarrrggggghhhhhh!
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

It all seems a bit frustrating over there. No complaints here in the UK. it is worth waiting for and the contribution of Jamie Hoover is immense. Apart from Bob and his vocals and guitar Jamie does everything else and it really works well 'Thunder of goodbye'is one standout track with lots of finger picking. Hang in threre America and the rest of the world.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey John, I was just going to write inquiring about your health today. Thanks. You saved me the trouble. Sounds like you're bouncing back nicely.
As to the rest of you -- you Yanks -- I know it's shabby. The truth is that they just didn't anticipate the number of preorders (AMAZON not ACE, none of this is ACE's fault) and frankly neither did we. As some of you may know, FYA was at #8 this morning on AMAZON's Top-selling New Singer-songwriter releases. http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/music/67176
Last night it jumped back up to #7 and today it has fallen to #9. But for three weeks it's been in the top 25.
What may be even more significant: We are #28 on CD Universe's NEW RELEASES -- and that's for ALL categories, not just singer/songwriter. And there are more than 200 Cds in that category by some huge names.
http://www.cduniverse.com/charts.asp?st ... 012&page=2 It keeps jumping between #21 and #31.
Neither Jill nor I can quite get our minds around where these sales are coming from, but neither of us is going to argue. It's just a shame that American fans have to wait so long.
But look at it this way. You've waited faithfully for 40 years for a new studio album. A few days will seem like nothing in the long run.
Thanks to all of you for your patience.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Lind wrote: ...

As to the rest of you -- you Yanks -- I know it's shabby. The truth is that they just didn't anticipate the number of preorders (AMAZON not ACE, none of this is ACE's fault) and frankly neither did we. As some of you may know, FYA was at #8 this morning on AMAZON's Top-selling New Singer-songwriter releases. http://www.amazon.com/gp/new-releases/music/67176
Last night it jumped back up to #7 and today it has fallen to #9. But for three weeks it's been in the top 25.
What may be even more significant: We are #28 on CD Universe's NEW RELEASES -- and that's for ALL categories, not just singer/songwriter. And there are more than 200 Cds in that category by some huge names.
http://www.cduniverse.com/charts.asp?st ... 012&page=2 It keeps jumping between #21 and #31.
Pleased as I am to see the album doing so well on that Amazon list (No. 4 last time I looked!), I find the list itself somewhat problematic. What is the criterion for inclusion? Bob Dylan's album Tempest is easily outselling Finding You Again, as can be seen by consulting any pop chart including Amazon's own pop chart. Yet Tempest does not appear on this singer/songwriter chart. In what sense is Bob Dylan not a singer/songwriter? OK, I know there are some of us who claim that he does not actually sing, but that's a value judgment. :wink:
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Listening now...

Some real surprises!

Loving each track so far...

See you later...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Wonderful album! I love it. Thanks again for surprising us with this. Thanks also to Jamie Hoover! It's like a variety show with all the imaginative arrangements and production. Bob's voice and songs are terrific. How Dare You Love Me is a great opener. Maybe It's The Rain ALONE is worth the price of admission to me. Fantastic! Bob, I read your suggestion as far as the lyrics. They're all pretty clear to me anyway. I don't know if How The Nights Can Fly needs anything more than just voice and guitar, but this is a nice arrangement for it. Forgot what a great song Perspective is. Wow, amazing. The title track is really fun. A lot to take in here so it'll take awhile to digest it all. Still need to read the booklet also.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Only track I'm not sure about is the cover song. With so many really good Lind songs around why put this in?Roll the windows down would have been a great inclusion here instead. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

From Best Buy: We're sorry, the backordered item below remains out of stock and your order has been canceled.

Looks like I will have to reorder this through Amazon or somebody else! Hey Jill, do you know what's going on? Thanks.
Jill

Post by Jill »

Hi Susanne,
I am so sorry this has happened. I really don't know why they still don't have the CD in stock. I know that the US distributors who service Best Buy have all gotten their second shipment so it doesn't make sense that Best Buy cancelled your order. I think the best thing is to purchsed the CD from somewhere else. I haven't heard of any other sites that don't have it, so you should be okay buying it from any of the other major vendors.
Thanks for letting us know and I will see what I can do to fix the problem.
Take care,
Jill
DaleAnne

Post by DaleAnne »

Ordered from Amazon on 10/12. Received today 10/17. Happy camper
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

I love this album.

I can hardly wait until we stop calling it 'the new Lind album'.

The Victorian countryside is going to get an earful, I can tell you...

Love the percussion on the title track...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."