The new Lind album

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Susanne Gilmore

Re: The new Lind album

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

Reordered the cd from Amazon on Friday Oct 19th and received it today. OK, now I'm off to give it a listen or two, or three ....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

I still have a copy from Amazon U.K. M.I.A for some reason...

Good thing I have another...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:I still have a copy from Amazon U.K. M.I.A for some reason...

Good thing I have another...
It looks like I'll be ordering mine from Amazon or another of these sites listed. The album has been out a couple of weeks now, and it has not appeared in either of the two independent record stores in Perth that normally get the new releases, even if they are not "mainstream", so I take that as meaning it probably won't turn up there.

I do like to support physical record stores if possible, but I also want to actually HAVE the album.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

I notice the album is now available as a download from iTunes
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Turns out my over protective local Post Office had knocked a few times but no-one home, so did not deliver the goods...

Now that I have my FYA cd, I'll put it's seat-belt on and we'll go travelling...
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:Turns out my over protective local Post Office had knocked a few times but no-one home, so did not deliver the goods...

Now that I have my FYA cd, I'll put it's seat-belt on and we'll go travelling...
Should the album be renamed "Finding You Not At Home"?
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

I am really glad that I finally gave up on Best Buy and ordered the new cd from Amazon! They got it to me in just a few days. I keep checking the Best Buy site just for the heck of it, and they STILL show the cd as backordered with an approximate delivery date of "in two weeks." I wonder what's the matter with them? Amazon certainly doesn't have a problem with getting stock!
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

Thanks John Duncan ... I just located "Finding You Again" in i-tunes and downloaded. Fantastico !.
My favourite - "Let It Go" ! Congratulations to Bob and all concerned with the recording.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

If I remember right, we recorded the vocals for that one in an old church building, now a Science of Mind center. Fantastic acoustics.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Some of you may not be aware that the multi-talented (and easily exploited and underpaid) grant, did the overdub engineering for many of the songs on the CD. He did a terrific job for us, under some difficult conditions.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Just hearing the album for the first time,having retrieved it from the latter box about half an hour ago. About halfway through - so far so good!

Interestingly, I ordered something else at the same time to save on postage. I was surprised to find only the Lind album in the pack, along with a note from Amazon to the effect that the second item is not yet available, but they will send it to me separately at no extra charge. How nice of them.

----------------------------

P.S.I cracked up on reading the little directive next to the printed lyrics in the lyrics booklet. :lol:
Joey McGowan

Post by Joey McGowan »

I believe I've listened to this Cd over Thirty Times now while driving. A Brilliant Album. I think it
such a Tragedy that this is only Bob's Fifth (Including the live one) and not His Twenty Second.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

As noted some time ago by Grant, Bob mentions that bloody hole in the screen door in two separate songs - both of which appear on the new album. Isn't Florida the kind of place where mossies and other pests are likely to find their way in through holes? Fix the thing, Bob; Aerogard can only accomplish so much.

I am also disturbed by references to spending a month driving around in "that shaky Chevrolet". Do take care on the road please Bob. Might have been better to stick with that trusty Morris Minor - but no, that belonged to some other lady, didn't it? And in any case that was over 40 years ago, the MM has probably long gone to that big car yard in the sky.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

It was a left-hand drive anyway; far too dangerous on South Florida roads.

(I am assuming.)

(Actually, one of my life's greatest regrets was that I was unable to inherit my South African grandmother's decrepit Morris Minor - it was left-hand drive and would have been the only one of its kind at my university.)
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Call me obvious, but in the song "Go Ask Your Man" I don't believe that Lind is all that interested in the particular automobile: more the destination and expected (ahem) experiences which he might enjoy...

Anyhoo...

"Exeter: The Wedding Waltz", track 3 from "FYA" set, comes across to me as a more comfortable rendition than that which a leaked demo suggested...

Cruise control ruled from Serpentine to Kerang, and this offering wafted from the car speakers near Durham Ox turn-off...

The strange sight of still sand-banked low-lying areas of territory, after the massive floods of 2 years ago, and yet a dried off landscape, the Australian summer wind relentless in its might - parching, crisping, searing the crops, grasses, plants...

"Exeter" sways and swings contentedly, the recollection and satisfaction proud as the singer does aver his love and devotion, and fondest memory...

In a strange old summer: a cool December, baked for a day or two in January so far - yikes! I'm dreading a fiery February (typically our hottest, driest and bush-firiest time) - fingers crossed that THIS is our summer now, and the fire-breathing demon dragon of summer has contracted laryngitis...

Such a laconic harmonica on this track...very relaxing, feel good, liesurely stretch and yawn touch, - a thank you to the time, the event, the person?

Lind NOT as tortured genius - rather, as a nodding memory to love, life, relationship, pride in commitment...

I can't resist from singing along, as Henry Ford's contraption ferries me along...