2008 demos

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Igorkrq

2008 demos

Post by Igorkrq »

Hi does anyone know why Exeter( the Wedding Song) and Maybe It's the Rain have disappeared from the available downloads,and whether these and the remaining demos are likely to be commercially available?
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: 2008 demos

Post by Lind »

Shrewd observation there, briank.
There are several reasons for the gradual disappearance of songs from the playlist -- some of which I can talk about; some I want to hold in for a while.
Let's just say you're on the right track with the "commercially available" idea. But it's not near enough in the future to mention a this point.
As to what I CAN talk about, the most blatant reason is that they've been up too long to be called "New." By now just about everyone who's going ashore has gone ashore. They've been downloadable for ... what? Two years?
So I'm working on a new idea.

Thanks for your scrupulous attention to the site and your obvious interest in my work.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Commercially available eh! Sounds interesting and exciting. Something to look forward to in the future. Just what would a future Lind album contain in your opinion? I'll post my 12 tracks when I've given it some consideration. Watch this space!
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Not an easy task to choose just 12 but here goes.
1 Wearing you
2 Somwhere in the city
3 Let it Go
4 Taking the gamble tonight ( heard at a concert )
5 Gravity
6 From the road
7 Home
8 Perspective
9 Roll the windows down
10 Finding you again
11 Someone to Adore
12 How the nights can fly. ( not new but a great song that needs to be heard out there)

I'm sure there are loads of new songs too. Maybe this should be a double album. If there is one in the offing of course.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Good list, Dunc.!

I posted my "Top 20" elsewhere on the site...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

John Duncan wrote:Not an easy task to choose just 12 but here goes.
1 Wearing you
2 Somwhere in the city
3 Let it Go
4 Taking the gamble tonight ( heard at a concert )
5 Gravity
6 From the road
7 Home
8 Perspective
9 Roll the windows down
10 Finding you again
11 Someone to Adore
12 How the nights can fly. ( not new but a great song that needs to be heard out there)

I'm sure there are loads of new songs too. Maybe this should be a double album. If there is one in the offing of course.
Well, I would like to hear both Maybe It's the Rain and China included, if we are just talking about songs that are not on previous releases.

I also think that, out of the songs on your list, Roll the Windows Down would be the best track to open the album, being somewhat cheery in mood, which is not the case with all those songs. Home In Time For Twilight would also be a good closer - not that there is anything wrong with How the Nights Can Fly being used in that role.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Locking this topic until the latest spam-storm passes.