Bob at the Coffee Gallery Backstage 1/18

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Susanne Gilmore

Bob at the Coffee Gallery Backstage 1/18

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

OK, I suppose you want to know about Bob's triumphant return to Southern California and stellar performance at the Coffee Gallery. Briefly, it was great! Bob performed some old songs (How the Nights Can Fly,EB), some more recent songs (Perspective, Gravity of the World) and some wonderful musical surprises interspersed with his usual witty repartee. Bob unveiled brand new material which was, of course, excellent, covered The Beatles's "For No One" and dug out one of my personal favorites of his unrecorded but often performed songs from the '80's - Taking the Gamble. Truly a magical night, but all too short.
Danny Harris

Re: Bob at the Coffee Gallery Backstage 1/18

Post by Danny Harris »

"Shine like a candle."
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
Susanne Gilmore

Duh ... I meant Perspective & Someone to Adore.
Windboy

Post by Windboy »

You may have forgotten the wonderful opening new? song: Let it go. Loved that. Ed Hackie
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Seems that Bob is a closet Beatlemanic. I noticed he finishes one of the songs on Live at the Luna Star with a cheeky little excerpt from Norwegian Wood.

I wonder if the Paul and Yoko ever got their due royalties for Bob's use of their tune? I mean those two really could use the money.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hey Bob Numbers:- Lind's "Norwegian Wood" riff on "Mister Zero" AND Neil Young's on "F.....' Up", I think, on "Weld" album...

Shhh! Don't tell Sir Paul...
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

I heard Bob perform ' Taking the. Gamble tonight ' when he was in Brighton and had assumed it was a new song. Therefore hoping that Bob might make it available on a download. As it's an oldie that is unlikely I guess. Great shame as only a few will ever hear it this great song. Susanne, how about the songs May and The Laughing Song. Where do they fit into the timeline??
Susanne Gilmore

John, May and The Laughing Song are both tunes that Bob used to perform back in the '80's as well. As much as I love hearing the new songs, the old ones never fail to send me back down memory lane to what were 2 eras in my life when I was going through a lot of changes and experiences. I was a teenager in the '60's and a newly-divorced '80's woman when I first heard most of Bob's songs. Songwriters like Bob who can get to the heart of human situations and express them so eloquently are very rare. All I need to do is hear a particular song and think, "yeah, my life is just like that" and here is this stranger who expresses what I am feeling much better than I could ever hope to do.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Thanks for that Susanne. Beautifully written. Bob does seem to have the ability to hit those times in the past with meaningful words that you can immediately relate to a specific period in your life.