The Documentary Is Out!

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Jill

The Documentary Is Out!

Post by Jill »

I was beginning to think I’d never hear myself say this. But here it is:

At long last, the Bob Lind concert/documentary is finished and available for sale right here on this website.

http://www.boblind.com/merchan.html
Four years in the making, BOB LIND: Perspective has been a labor of love for Internationally acclaimed filmmaker Paul Surratt. Despite facing some serious obstacles, Paul wouldn’t allow himself to be dissuaded from telling the story he’s wanted to tell since 2006, when he and promoter Ian Marshall brought Bob out to California for a series of shows.

Capping the tour, Paul recorded Bob playing an informal in-studio concert for an invited audience.

Those of us who were there that day – including Susanne, Ed, Bill and other members of this message board – can attest to the fact that the day was sheer magic. Completely lacking in slickness and glitz, Bob plays with what’s known among musicians as “living room vibes,” as though he were just sitting around at home playing for friends – yet singing with all the heart and passion fans have come to associate with him.

The DVD features 13 powerful songs – some familiar, some previously unreleased. The performances run the gamut from Bob’s trademark solo acoustic ballads, to kick-ass rock featuring one of the most amazing bands ever assembled. And some of his newer, jazzier songs are included as well.

Along with the music, BOB LIND Perspective also presents interview footage that provides penetrating insight into the way Bob thinks and feels about his work.

Don’t miss the chance to get this amazing disc for the unbelievably low, low price of $20!

How’s that for a slick Madison Avenue pitch? I start talking like that when I have my “Bob’s Manager” hat on.

But even wearing my much more comfortable “Bob’s Biggest Fan” hat, I’d say the same thing.

This DVD is great!
bob_32_116

Re: The Documentary Is Out!

Post by bob_32_116 »

A shame I don't have a DVD player...
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Well, if you hold it up to the light and look *reeeeallllly* close, you can see the pictures!
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

An atom says to his buddy, "I think I lost an electron." His buddy asks, "Are you positive?"

I am positive this DVD will be wonderful...thanks for all the roses, helpless in the rain...
West Florida Summer's Child

"...maybe Bethlehem is you and me..."
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

and I've sent for my copy...hey, Bob Numbers...I'll ring you up and describe it over the 'phone to you, if you like...?

Seriously, though, folks...does any Board member have a spare DVD player that they don't want? There's a sorrowful Lind fan in Western Australia who could put it to good use...

Hang in there, Bob Numbers..."When your thirsty and no-one will bring your DVD to you, and Perspective is about to become the craze, and the crap on TV is all that they feed to you - Lind will still be there to light your days..."

(Please don't sue me for copyright breach, Mr. L...)
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Bob, Paul, Ian, Jill, Jamie,and everyone else whose names I don't recall:

What an amazing production... I'm humbled to be a spectator of your artistry, passion, and persistence...Consider the windows rolled down...the world definitely WILL recall this spectacular achievement!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
West Florida Summer's Child

"...maybe Bethlehem is you and me..."
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

If any of you have not had the chance to see Bob perform live recently (or ever for that matter), you HAVE TO get the "Perspective" dvd. It's the next best thing to being there in person! I was lucky enough to be present when the concert portions of this video were taped and the performances were as good as I remembered they were. The interviews that are interspersed throughout the documentary are insightful and entertaining in their own right. I'll give this a ***** rating on the totally and completely unbiased Susanne-scale. Kudos to the team that put this together; they did an excellent job!
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

My copy arrived - now to 'negotiate' the use of the DVD player with my darling children...
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Got it - played it - love it - Hey, Bob Numbers from WA - buy it and whack it in your PC and watch it, mate...thoroughly recommended!!!

Maddo - you're right, my friend - top class job, this one from Mr. Lind....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"Perspective" DVD contains a really great take of "Love Came Riding"...probably my highlight of the set...

...and a previously unreleased (I think) song from Lind, which he gently dedicates to his mother...

Excellent quality performances, and some forthright interviews...

All in all, impressive outcome of a love's labour...

Now excuse me, I need to go watch it again...
HoustonSok

Post by HoustonSok »

Looking forward to the screening of Bob's documentary in Boca Raton,FL on 9/24/10 at the Center for Spiritual Living at 8 PM. What a joyful surprise it was to hear his music and interview with Michael Stock on NPR yesterday and to find the elusive way back to 1966 and his wonderful body of works! Many thanks for persevering.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"Love Came Riding" - the man as an artist: "Someone To Adore" - the artist as a man.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Just received the DVD and it certainly ticks all the boxes for me. Great music and interesting interviews. Well done to all concerned. Only downside for me is that here in the UK the DVD is not compatible with our DVD players attached to TV's. So I can only play it on the computer which does not have quite such comfortable seating.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Ha Ha, John Duncan - damn those Yankees! Bad enough they drag us off to war, now they're influencing our Lind watching...! (Why, I oughta...!)

Hope you find a comfy chair my friend, because repeated viewings are required...
Jill

Post by Jill »

Sorry you had trouble John. We understand that most DVD players are universal nowadays and can play any format. And for the rest of you, be sure to read carefully the special note on the foreign order form for compatibility. This is the first we've heard of any problems, but better to be safe than sorry. Glad you were able to watch it on your computer and that you enjoyed it.