Lind covers

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Louissitly

Lind covers

Post by Louissitly »

I remember back in 19sixty-can't-remember,Val Doonican had a TV show and on it he sang "Butterfly". I thought it was a very good cover, he did not try to anything clever with it, he simply sang it.
I have been getting a few guituar chords together and hope to torture friends and family with my rendition of it. Doonican's version is better suited to me, my voice having a softer edge to it, so I'm checking it out. That is, until I chopped a lump out of the pad of my left index finger. Man, it is sensitive! So now I need a set of softer strings (electric), does anybody know what the softest strings are, is it 8?
I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that some covers are pretty gruesome (ever heard Heinz's version of "Summertime Blues" hmm) others can be a source of inspiration. Before you ask, I like both, for different reasons!
I'm having fun with this site, best wishes to Bob and all.
Nadolig LLawen
Leon
rob68

Re: Lind covers

Post by rob68 »

I just discovered a couple days ago that The Poppy Family did a cover of Remember The Rain!

I bought their only CD, a best-of called "A Good Thing Lost (1968-1973)", earlier this year and have been playing it quite a bit. Great stuff. Anyway, I got to wondering how many songs from their 2 LPs weren't included on the CD, so I looked the tracklists up on Rate Your Music and found out there's 6 songs not included on the CD, and one of them is Remember The Rain. Still haven't heard their version.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....