Hawley on Lind

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

grant
Admonkeystrator

Hawley on Lind

Post by grant »

Richard Hawley on Bob Lind, intvw with the Guardian's Music Weekly

Click on the above to listen to or download the incomparable Mr. Richard Hawley discussing the songs of one Mr. Bob Lind.

It's a good interview.
rob68

Re: Hawley on Lind

Post by rob68 »

This is great, thanks Grant!

Hawley totally understands Bob. I agree with him that some of Bob's new songs are some of his best.

Welcome back to the states, Bob. Here's hoping that the new year brings more great things for you......including a new studio album.

Hawley's new one is a stunner, by the way. Possibly his best ever. What a talent.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Thanks Grant.
It's great to hear Richard Hawley commenting on the influence that Bob Lind had on his music. I heard him interviewed on a late night radio show about a year ago.He was asked what music he was listening to in the car. His reply was ' Don't be concerned ' album.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Needless to say, Richard's doing this interview says as much about him and his generosity of spirit as it does about me and my music.
The guy was on the road when he did this show, promoting his new, masterpiece of a CD (TRUELOVE'S GUTTER).
Instead of talking non-stop about his own project (which I would have done), he takes all that time to sing my praises.
Hard to fathom unselfishness like that.

And BTW, if you haven't heard TRUELOVE'S GUTTER, check it out. It's a fearless, beautiful album and his heart is in every track.