Just my not-so-humble opinion

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

ThomasCix

Just my not-so-humble opinion

Post by ThomasCix »

Hello Bob

I loved your music when I was a young teen - played that album forever! So I always wondered why it was Paul Simon who became so famous and not you. Glad to see you're still around.

Taramore
Louissitly

Re: Just my not-so-humble opinion

Post by Louissitly »

During the 60s I lived in Ramsgate in the U.K. and perhaps we all lived under a stone but after "Butterfly", Bob seemed to vanish. He did not get the plugs on the pirate radio stations let alone the stick-in-the-mud national radio stations. Paul Simon's work had plenty of air time, though! I am re-discovering Bob's stuff now and great fun I'm having doing it. Like you I'm glad he is still around and I hope to go to one of his gigs. We have a great arts centre here in Aberystwyth I wonder if...

Regards
Leon
kupitstab_abpr

Post by kupitstab_abpr »

Look into the Wayback time machine. Aurora High School, Colorado 1959-1961 approx. Bob Lind/Jerry Valdez duo the Vaquaro's as I recall. I hear "Butterfly" on the radio from time to time and always enjoy it. Recently I was talking with a DJ and radio producer friend of mine Wyane here in Denver at our monthly jam session. This time it was held at his house, in SE Denver and we were talking about a show called "Homegrown" that he does on 99.5 The Mountain FM at 5:20 weekdays. I mentioned that I had gone to High school in Aurora with you and he told me about your website. I was not that much into music in high school other than always loved listening to it. In my later years I love to sing and play harmonica. I just listened to your song "Wearing You" and loved it. Any chance you may come back to Denver and do a concert? Swallow Hill Music Hall in SE Denver would be a great venue. I look forward to getting back into your music now that I have found this website.

Keep on Rockin, Dixon G
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hi Taramore, Leon and Dixon.
Thanks for stopping by and leaving me these kind words.
And Dixon I remember you. We may indeed make it out to Denver. Watch the gigs page in the coming year.
kupitstab_abpr

Post by kupitstab_abpr »

Good to hear from you Bob and I am glad you are doing well and still playing music. Harry Tuft who ran the Folklore Center on 17th Av. is still in biz located on S. Pearl St. He is an instructor and one of the founders at Swallow Hill Music association (dedicated to folk music, etc.) You may remember him from your folkie days in Denver? See ya, Dix