More Bob on You Tube...

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Jim Mcintyre

More Bob on You Tube...

Post by Jim Mcintyre »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vWp9CG ... annel_page

Hi Bob

Posted this to give it a plug...will delete if it is a problem

Jim
we may have touched
bob_32_116

Re: More Bob on You Tube...

Post by bob_32_116 »

Jim Mcintyre wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7vWp9CG ... annel_page

Hi Bob

Posted this to give it a plug...will delete if it is a problem

Jim
When I saw this, I thought it was going to be a link to "We May Have Touched", not realising that was just what you use as a signature. :lol:

It is, of course, a clip of Bob doing Sweet Harriet and the Theme from The Musical Box.

Here, however, is "We May Have Touched":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luM_41g-nGQ

I can't think why Bob would object to posting this link, since to the best of my knowledge there is no way to purchase this song through legitimate channels. It's certainly an unusual song. Parts of it sound similar to some of the material on the first two Lind albums, but other parts are completely different from any other Lind songs I know. If this was a B-side, I'd be very interested to hear the A-side.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

It's cool Jim. Everything else is up there. Thanks for thinking of me.
I don't know how to keep my music off that site, or even if I want to. YouTube is such a double-edged thing. On the one hand, maybe the free and easy accessibility does thwart sales (SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES is still available from RPM). On the other hand, it reminds people that I'm alive and still doing it.
Just a request to you and anyone else who might want to post some of my older things: Mention the documentary, the novel and the Live CD in the footnote to the post. The more people who know these newer things are available, the richer I get and the more I'm able to thumb my nose at the riffraff. And after all, isn't that why we all get into the ever-expanding and lucrative field of acoustic music?
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Lind wrote:It's cool Jim. Everything else is up there. Thanks for thinking of me.
I don't know how to keep my music off that site, or even if I want to. YouTube is such a double-edged thing. On the one hand, maybe the free and easy accessibility does thwart sales (SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES is still available from RPM). On the other hand, it reminds people that I'm alive and still doing it.
Just a request to you and anyone else who might want to post some of my older things: Mention the documentary, the novel and the Live CD in the footnote to the post. The more people who know these newer things are available, the richer I get and the more I'm able to thumb my nose at the riffraff. And after all, isn't that why we all get into the ever-expanding and lucrative field of acoustic music?
I sure will, Bob, if the occasion ever arises where I post anything of yours on YouTube. And my understanding of YouTube is that they officially have a policy of respecting copyright. Every now and then one comes across a link to a song, and the page says "this video has been removed at the request of the owner of the copyright". Of course if it's the latest moneyspinner from Justin Bieber or Eminem or Ke$$$$$$ha, someone else posts it back up again in no time. Still, if you really wanted to, I'm sure you (or whoever owns the rights to the songs these days) could get the clips taken down.