The first time I heard "Elusive Butterfly..."

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

ocaukith

The first time I heard "Elusive Butterfly..."

Post by ocaukith »

I had just bought a new red '65 Mustang fastback the year before. As always, I was cruising through the countryside with the AM radio blasting, when suddenly Bob Lind popped out of the speakers. My jaw simply dropped. "Holy COW!" said I. I knew then (and now) that I was hearing one of the greatest tunes of all time. Thank you, Bob!

P.S. Thanks to Ford, I now own another Mustang, this time Dark Highland Green, and can again cruise and listen. But as "Steve McQueen," as it is the "Bullitt" model! LOL
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: The first time I heard "Elusive Butterfly..."

Post by Lind »

Hey Stv, good to have you with us. Thanks for the kind words about Butterfly. Hope you've heard the new stuff too.
Drive safe.
christina

Re: The first time I heard "Elusive Butterfly..."

Post by christina »

I grew up in chaos in L.A. I was 9 years old, when I fell in love for the very first time with the lyrics of this song. Many years have passed. My co-worker and I were recently putting a list together of our favorite "oldies." I could remember some of the lyrics but I never knew who wrote or sung this absolutely fantastic song. So I did a YouTube search and put in some of the words and suddenly I found you Bob, after all these years... I've watched all of your videos on YT. I hear Elusive Butterfly in my sleep, go figure? I love your music. Thank you Bob for your words of beauty. Thank you for being you. Many blessings to YOU and yours!

Sunniest and Kindest regards
Christina