A Hello to Bob from the past

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

idupcudeho

A Hello to Bob from the past

Post by idupcudeho »

I was just noodling around on the internet and bumped into Bob's site. I simply wanted to say "Hi" to Bob. In 1975 I travelled from Massachusetts to L.A. with my friend Jackie Guthrie and she introduced me to Bob. He was living at the time, if memory serves, in a garage apartment somewhere in Hollywood. We hung out a little and had a few drinking experiences together, perhaps with Doug Dillard on one or two occasions. And a few nights at the Troubador, where Phil Ochs was wearing a pirate outfit and acting rather nutty. I didn't stay in L.A. very long, but I have some more or less lucid memories of that time and, Bob, you were very friendly and I was glad to meet you back then. - Brian Keegan
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re: A Hello to Bob from the past

Post by Lind »

Hey Brian, Welcome to the board. Good to have you with us. Sorry I don't remember meeting you, but if it was 1975, it's no wonder. Everything 70s before July 27 of '77 (my sobriety date) is pretty much a blur. Tell me I had a good time. If I was with Doug Dillard and Jackie, I'm pretty sure I did. A coupla great souls.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello.
-- Lind