Song for the day

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Re: Song for the day

Post by bob_32_116 »

^^ Oh yes I know all about Alice's restaurant. All the students knew the song, although for obvious reasons it did not get much radio airplay.

This one did though - memories of my first year at Uni:

https://soundcloud.com/aliabufarha/scot ... -francisco
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

^^ "Go Now" was a good song, but I don't consider the Moodies as coming into their own until Days of Future Passed, which I still think of as their defining moment and possibly the album chiefly responsible for ushering in the whole symphonic prog rock movement.

In addition to the seven albums you list, I also rate Long Distance Voyager quite highly - their last great album. After that one the quality really dropped off.

Favourite Moody Blues albums:
- Days of Future Passed
- A Question of Balance
- Seventh Sojourn
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Mondrian wrote: As of this minute, my Honest Mondian’s Gambling Joint thread has attracted 1,119 views, that’s almost 28 per day and it’s about horse racing – not music. It’s undoubtedly the most popular thread this year, by a long way.
I would say a better index of popularity is how many people have participated in the discussion. The number of views means nothing. People have to look at a thread to decide whether or not it carries any interest for them. I dare say many would have seen a thread about gambling on a Bob Lind board and thought "What the heck is this?", read what it's about and stifled a big yawn. Most of the responses that have been made are to the effect that the other person couldn't care less. How long is it since anyone except yourself posted in that thread? At least a month, by my reckoning, and that was just me saying I wasn't interested - despite the fact that you were posting nearly every day in that thread up until about a week ago.

Face it, Mondrian. You are clearly the only person here with any interest in that topic at all. Time to give it up and move on - to discussing music, for example. Up to now people have been relatively polite about this horses obsession of yours, but it's getting annoying and it's not making you any friends.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Also, Jethro Tull the agriculturalist was English, not American.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

OK, I'm done with arguing. If you can't understand what I'm trying to say, there is really nothing I can add to explain it any better.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Mondrian wrote: Yes, and that's all you have done since I arrived here. Argue. You could have made me welcome. You didn't. You argued with me right from the get go. You even told me that, at first, you felt that I was a spammer. Rather than quit arguing, maybe it would have been best had you not started in the first place.

If you treat everyone in this way, can you not see that people may not be too keen to post?
I did try and make you welcome. I was only complaining about the horse racing thing.

I never made any claim to have any more rights than you because of how many years I have been a member. It's you who are trying to make an issue out of it. Elsewhere you say I am not very prolific - only X number of posts in 10 years or whatever. Well, I don't routinely tally up my posts and check how many I have made this week or this month. I think I have said a lot in those posts, and I don't see the need to up the post per day count just for the sake of it.

Coming from your point of view, it seems ridiculous that people would think you a spammer, because you knew you weren't. However try and see it from other members' point of view. New member arrives. First post: horse racing tips. Nothing to do with Bob Lind of any other music. You can't see that that looks a tiny bit bit suspect?

It hardly matters now. You seem to have got over the horses thing, Welcome, if you missed the welcome the first time. Now - can we talk music?