Travels With Lind...

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Danny Harris

Re: Travels With Lind...

Post by Danny Harris »

A true artist gows with change - tests their skill, tests their versalitity...

I've not heard more compelling guitar work than on "The Thunder Of Goodbye"...

A previous version (in demo form maybe) bounced to an almost staccato beat, hinting at a sing-a-long type of tune - "Lind Goes Disco"? (Ha Ha!)...

This album version assails the senses from the opening bars - smart, dexterous guitar work mingling, entwining, separating...

Packed tight lyrically, lessons learned, the singer tosses his rueful warning to the listener...

The white Ford turned its head for home on the Sunraysia Highway, and this gem finger picked its way through the Mallee countryside...

Drying paddocks quizzing Autumn where the rain is, semi trailers heavily laden carting goods to and from the oasis area of northern Victoria, as Lind's fingers flew deftly in and out of "Thunder"...

Around Redbank weekend farmers were arriving, to spend some down time at their country properties...you could almost hear their sighs of relief in escaping the Big Smoke...

And I'm on the way home.
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

The Gravity of The World...

Cruise control confused on the Western Highway near Burrumbeet...

40 kph, 60 kph, 80 kph, 100 kph - then 40 kph, etc

Lyrically strong, this track. Clever, not cute. Reflective, not too introspective, more relaxed with the organ backing than a demo version we know...

"glasses" becomes "bottles" but the lesson remains...

Back from The Wimmera, the organ intro coaxes the listener to pay attention, I've got something to say here...

Originally ponderous, pondering, now confident, assertive...nothing wrong with the demo version, mind you, but this track is impressive.

"The lies that protect our money, the lies that guard our pride, the lies that keep our trigger fingers curled..."

Another example that a talented song writer didn't self emoliate when he put the torch to a career careering out of control in the late '60's/early '70's.

Wet, dreary, cold Central Victorian day, windscreen wipers tapping along in harmony...
Last edited by Danny Harris on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

"Somewhere In This City."

A punchy demo tightens up under production without losing its sense of rollicking excited expectation...

The Hoover guitar work varies from sing-a-long harmony to out front melody lines, in turn carrying, leading, backing the confident vocal and keen, hopeful lyrics.

Just back from Port Fairy and a catch up with old mates, where more than one ale and more than one wager on the neddies took place.

This song came on as I turned off the Glenelg Highway to home...

"Somewhere In This City", indeed...
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

I'm a fan of that song. It's poppy! And hopeful!
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

How The Nights Can Fly...

Even more poignant with Richie's passing, the Live At Luna Star version is a classic rendition. I reckon...

Lind et al have supported the feeling and intent with appropriate backing and depth acoustically for the album "Finding You Again".

The vocal wraps around the lyric with the same respect and favour which carried the live take...

On the way back from Geelong, from a sobering hospital visit to a very ill family member, this song, like smoke through a keyhole, seeped into my senses.

One out of the box, both the song and the cut - suffers not at all in comparison with the live take.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Always good go hear from you Danny. Sorry about the sadness in your family. Wishing you a happy holiday season.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

So....what's been happening, folks?

I'm back from one of the busiest and challenging periods of my short (Ha!) life and feel the need to crank up the Lindophone and wallow in the beauty again.

And I reckon I should tell you how, where, why his music takes me...
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Not a heck of a lot. Google tells me I should update the site design to make it more compatible with smart phones, so that's in store.

I hope your challenges were all overcome!
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:So....what's been happening, folks?

I'm back from one of the busiest and challenging periods of my short (Ha!) life and feel the need to crank up the Lindophone and wallow in the beauty again.

And I reckon I should tell you how, where, why his music takes me...
WB DH.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Dumosa, in the rain.

Beautiful rain. Much needed rain. More to come, we 'opes...

And the man played on.....

A wistful, sighing reminiscence becomes a triumphant exultation, as Lind revisits and regenerates "May".

What was principally a longing is, with the passage of time, a declaration of success and joyful memory.

Upbeat, not introspective; salutary, not rueful; dreams realised, not dashed: the song rollicks along with a newly found verve and style, with a satisfied vocal coating all...

Life reconsidered? Memory reconstructed? Realisation late coming? Or merely attitude change?

Who knows - maybe the artists himself is lost in his "avalanche of words".

Great track - positive, rocking, made loud to be played loud...with superb harmonies from "The Lindettes". LOL.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Unabashed emotional sharing..."Someone To Adore".

No deliberate honing of wordsmithmanship here: this is pure outpouring of genuine feeling.

Combined story lines with a common theme, a shared base: more than a nod of deep respect...

Lind recalls, compares, alludes, bleeds a little, reflects a lot - the lot of man unpeeled, indications of surprise at no surprise...

I have yet another new white work car, which offers me Lind a la USB...

A Dylan-like harmonica break suggests the singer is regrouping as his feelings surface and threaten to swell up and flood the moment...

I shared this one with a dot on the map called Boonoonara, just south of my new home Mildura.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Have you had a chance to drive with the new one yet?
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Plans in the making Grant…new car, new Lind music: Aussie roads, here we come!

“I can’t drive roads of anger, I ain’t got the rhyme…”
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Cruising the River Road from Coomealla to Mildura, running beside the mighty Murray & “How Can You Go?” Lind ponders, outlining reasons to stay with the perfect man…

I’m really getting into the new “Something Worse than Loneliness” set & a glorious Sunraysia day is the perfect backdrop…

New Toyota RAV4 seems to enjoy the music too - quietly nosing its way along, demanding yet another song.

How about “Roll the Windows Down?” Sure, ain’t no breeze off the ocean but the song & day shake hands & demand more volume.

A joyous tune.