On Australian Radio

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

grant
Admonkeystrator

On Australian Radio

Post by grant »

(Didn't Wall of Voodoo sing that?)

Bob Lind will be on
"Purple Haze" with Nick Black
on 88.3 Southern FM
on Wednesday, March 30th at 8pm in Australia

which is 5am here in the Eastern Daylight Time Zone.

The show can be heard, for you early risers, over at http://southernfm.com.au/.
bob_32_116

Re: On Australian Radio

Post by bob_32_116 »

Listening to the start of the show via Internet right now! What a strange thing to hear the opening chords of "Wearing You" coming from a radio station. (Sounds like it was taken from the Luna Star Cafe album).

Hopefully this will introduce Lind to a whole new set of fans in Melbourne.
Maddo

Post by Maddo »

Just finished listening to 2 hours with Bob on Southern 88.3 FM Melbourne, here in Australia.
Great interview to go with great music. Loved to hear Bob’s story again as well as some new facts about Bob.
To think that it was on an Australian radio station is something we Aussie fans can be proud of.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

and Bob actually said a special Hi to "Danny Harris and Bob_Numbers"! That was extra special.

The guy must have done a bit of research. I was mildly astonished to hear him also play Cher's "Come To Your Window" and Turtles doing "Down in Suburbia". It's the first time I have heard the latter, and I was surprised at how good it was - though some of the laughter and yelling on the record I could have done without.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Where is Danny? I hope he didn't miss it.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hi Honey - I'm home! (Lost my front door key, had to get Grant to cut me another...)

Bah! Humbug! Maddo: cruel fate! Our beloved first born shouted the Bride and me to the opening night of Melbourne's International Comedy Festival, so couldn't tune in...

However, am hopeful that No.1 son or another source can provide me with a copy somehow...

Who are these 2 blokes stalking Jory Durham - Danny Harris and Bob Numbers...(LOL)?
"Some may call it wander-lust, some may call it crazy.
I don't call it anything - I Just Let It Take Me."
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote: Bah! Humbug! Maddo: cruel fate! Our beloved first born shouted the Bride and me to the opening night of Melbourne's International Comedy Festival, so couldn't tune in...

However, am hopeful that No.1 son or another source can provide me with a copy somehow...
I believe they said sometime during the show that it will be available on a podcast - I note that many of the previous Purple Haze programs are on podcast.
Jill

Post by Jill »

The interview will be available on podcast from the radio station soon. Nick Black promised to let me know when and as soon as I hear from him I will let you all know.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Danny Harris likes this.
John Duncan

Post by John Duncan »

Looks as though the podcast is available for the show.
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

John Duncan wrote:Looks as though the podcast is available for the show.
I found it a little difficult to navigate the station's website and find the podcast. this link might make it easier for others:
http://southernfm.com.au/music/you-migh ... rple-haze/
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

I've downloaded the podcast - interesting version by Mark Wirtz of "Turn The Wheel". It reinforces, to me, the simple fact of how fickle we may become as 'consumers' of music, in that quite often our senses are attuned to the 'production', 'arrangement' or 'mix' of a song (think Nitzsche, Jimmy Bond). At times this approach ignores the basic inspiration and delivery of the composition by the tunesmith, which is the foundation of the work.

"Finding You Again" on this podcast is a real treat - suggests the style of delivery of a potential Lind 'studio' album.

Whatever...! I enjoy the bag of Lind offerings: studio, demo., acoustic, with band, 'no-speak' album, Nitzsche, Bond, Hoover, Lind.

And I look forward to his subtle re-wording of songs, as the artist revisits his canvas...
rob68

Life is Short.....

Post by rob68 »

Just listened to the podcast.

Finding You Again sounds great. Nice arrangement!

T'would be awesome if Bob & Jamie could record a couple studio CDs worth of material from Bob's best songs from the past few years. I'm SO ready to click and pre-order already.

And then release the second one 2 years later.....Bob's newer songs need to reach the masses, pronto!
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....