Denver Concert

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Esbedar

Denver Concert

Post by Esbedar »

I was fortunate to be at the Denver concert at Swallow Hill, one member of a sold out crowd. Bob you say you are not a teacher, but you are . What some would call very vibrant stage patter, I call the “anticipatory set”, teacher talk for getting students ready and motivated to listen. Had a light shown on the crowd, you would have seen eager students. You give a reason to listen to the lyrics, a combination of lyrical poetry and short stories, and we believe that every song is worth our time to not only learn something about you but because we might see something of ourselves as well. That’s good teaching. I absolutely loved not hearing "Elusive Butterfly" to until the end and frankly, though I love the song, the rest of the evening was a wonderful conversation through new works. I think my favorite was your discussion of the small English village and had you been married there in that atmosphere, would that have made a difference? It is just one of many examples heard through the evening where you as a writer understand the value of a moment or a thought to become as I said earlier a poem or story. On a personal note-you were correct when you said about you and David's life. In my own category of the life stories he has told to me-those were the Bob Lind years. We are just sorry you live so far away! Oh! You said you try and get your hands on anything you can about writing. When time, If you have any favorites-articles, authors or books-please post. Denver should be a regular on your concert list! A great pleasure! Renee