Thanks for the Life-long Inspiration, Bob!

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Bob: I was driving along the local roads here in northern Virginia, just outside Washington, D.C., the other day, listening to the best "oldies" station in town, and Elusive Butterfly came on. This is the first time I've heard the song in a long time, and it got me to thinking.....

about how Elusive Butterfly is one of the very first songs I remember hearing on the radio as a child in the late 1960's, growing up just outside Minneapolis, MN;

about how such beautiful poetry and melody, and the intelligence and thoughtful nature of the person behind such music, can stand out above the usual music fare even to a young child;

about how such beautiful poetry and melody can implant a strong love of music, ideas, compassion and romantic idealism in a young child that can be valued and fostered throughout one's life;

about how a song as well-written as Elusive Butterfly can gain in richness and meaning to those of us who have aged several decades since we first heard the song and have found our dreams of love still elusive through the years; and

about how your song has done all of that for me, Mr. Lind! Thank you, and remember that you have made a lasting positive difference in other people's lives through your unique gifts.

Now that I've discovered your identity using the 'Web to look up information about Elusive Butterfly, I intend to purchase your albums and indulge in more of your music. I'm happy to hear you are still making music and that you still enjoy sharing it. Best wishes,

Jeff
Alexandria, Virginia
Always looking for music that is a beautiful and intelligent
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Wow! Wonderfully said Jeff, and I know your sentiments echo the feelings of all of us. Elusive Butterfly made an indelible impression on me as well, in exactly the same ways. I found this site about 3 years ago and have been able to hear almost every song Bob ever recorded. The quanity and variety are just amazing, and the lyrical richness of his songs has deepened over the years. I also had the good fortune to hear Bob perform twice and introduce him to my family. Hard to be believe sometimes I was that lucky. Don't miss that opportunity if it ever comes your way.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Hey Jeff, thanks for those beautiful and inspiring words. Welcome to the board. Glad to know my music hits the heart. And it's good to read that you're open to hearing my new stuff. Stay close to the forum. We can always use fresh insights.

And hello to you too, Daniel. Always good to hear from you.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Bob: thanks so much for the quick reply to my original post. I am honored! I will definitely be exploring your music more, now that I've found you. I wish you all the best in your travels - take care!

Jeff
Always looking for music that is a beautiful and intelligent