Capitol Records wishful thinking

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

rob68

Capitol Records wishful thinking

Post by rob68 »

Brian Wilson and Glen Campbell both recently re-signed with Capitol, and have brand new albums out. I bought Glen's this week and it's quite solid.....for what Glen does anyway. He truly sounds as good as he did in the 60s.....as our Bob does.

I think Bob should be next to re-sign with Capitol! Upon release of his new studio CD, Capitol should also issue a deluxe 2 CD Since There Were Circles edition......remastered straight from the master tapes!

......okay, okay, I'll think about switching to decaf. :D
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Brian who? Glen who ?
bob_32_116

Post by bob_32_116 »

Danny Harris wrote:Brian who? Glen who ?
Bite your tongue. Brian Wilson is one of the musical greats of our time.

Funny how often the name Wilson seems to come up in the music industry. I know Wilson is a pretty common last name, but there seem to be a lot more Wilsons than Smiths or Browns for example.
Lost In The Crash

Post by Lost In The Crash »

Do you mean the Glen album where he does covers of groups/artist of now?
I got it and found it much better than Neil Diamonds last. A boring no voice effort.
Personal opinion on Neil.
Jimy Webb a friend of Bob's is still working with Glen on a project.
I hope i get to NYC to see Bob!!
Roy
royb404

Post by royb404 »

This is Roy harmon not Guest. I forgot to sign in old age rears its head again!!!!

Anonymous wrote:Do you mean the Glen album where he does covers of groups/artist of now?
I got it and found it much better than Neil Diamonds last. A boring no voice effort.
Personal opinion on Neil.
Jimy Webb a friend of Bob's is still working with Glen on a project.
I hope i get to NYC to see Bob!!
Roy
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Anonymous wrote:Do you mean the Glen album where he does covers of groups/artist of now?
I got it and found it much better than Neil Diamonds last.
Yes, Glen's brand new one, Meet Glen Campbell. I wish it were a little less commercial/radio-ready sounding, but that's just me. Solid album! Hope he does do another project with Jimmy Webb.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....