the 'private function' in Montreal

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

rob68

the 'private function' in Montreal

Post by rob68 »

Anyone care to post details? A wedding? A party? Or was it just too 'private' to talk publicly about? :shock:

Signed - A nosy fan
:mrgreen:
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

shhh...

...rumour has it that Lind was in Sydney, singing in a private session for the Pope...!
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

I feel compelled by higher forces to say that I did *not* coach him in Latin for any "special translations" requested by any elected rulers of Italian city-states.

And if there *was* a "special translation" medley of "Dale Anne" and "Ave Maria" it did not bring any hypothetical tears to any former German cardinals' eyes.
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Lind's Latin version of "Reno" is a real collectors item - I understand that the Reno Tourism and Development Board, apparently not versed in ancient languages, have supported a TV and radio commercial programme, extolling the virtues of said city, via Lind's glowing tribute...

"When first I went to Reno I was prayed for, blessed, genuflected at, deified, canonised, revered, exulted etc."
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Well I was contacted PRIVATELY about the PRIVATE function. I guess the details are to remain PRIVATE, but suffice it to say 'a good time was likely had by all'. :)
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Windboy

Post by Windboy »

I heard a rumor that Bob Dylan called for this special performance and workshop so that Bob (Lind) could restart Dylan's career with a deeper sense of perception and more beautiful verse. Is this true? ED
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Well, it certainly appeared suspiciously like Lind autographing that Austrian bloke's funny lookin' pointy hat...':?'
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Hey there Windboy...

I don't believe that appreciation of Dylan and Lind is mutually exclusive...

...I can find beauty, intelligence, foresight, opinion, humour (sometimes sardonic, sometimes self-deprecating, sometimes instinctive) in both artists.

Like you, I guess, I love the way Lind's works vary and weave their way through my day...':wink:'
Windboy

Post by Windboy »

Yes that Bob Lind guy has woven himself into my life through its twists and turns through hard and good times across 40 years plus.. Is it unusual to have this happen? We have touched more than once and the music reverberates. You cant compare apples and oranges but for me Lind brings me the most joy, hope and perseverence. His music touches me as a go through the days and grateful years of my life. Bob is a friend I treasure. Ed
Danny Harris

Post by Danny Harris »

Yeah, Windboy...I must admit, I only recently got into "Since There Were Circles" album - now, I can't get the darned thing out of my head...

Boy, it's a consistently good standard set - I don't go crazy over "Loser", but I'd reckon the rest of the tracks are worth playing over and over again...

...and Rob - well, if you are gonna tease us with your PRIVATE references, then I'll just stomp away and sulk in PRIVATE silence...! ':wink:'