The re-released Circles album

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

The re-released Circles album

Post by bob_32_116 »

Since I already had a recording of the Circles album from another source (won't say any more here, don't want to get Bob into trouble), I spent some time deciding whether to shell out extra bread for the re-relase with the 5 extra tracks. I finally did so, and am glad I did.- not just for those 5 songs but for the well-written and thought-provoking cover notes.

Out of the 5 bonus tracks on STWC, I think I like I Found You the best, followed by Marlene. Still making up my mind about the two versions of San Francisco Woman and which is the best, but I don't think there is a definitive answer, it just depends on what mood the listener is in at the time.

Am I the first to notice the similarity between Colorado Line and Winterwood by Don McLean? Not that I would accuse one of plagiarising the other, but there was definitely some musical cross-influence happening here, though who influenced whom I am not sure. In fact the more I listen to STWC, the more similarities I hear between this album and some of the songs off Don McLean'sTapestry and American Pie albums. I don't know if that will please Bob, Since I know he does not have a high opinion of Don McLean, but I guess it's possible to like his music without liking the man.