Re-release of SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES

General discussion & socializing in a Lind-related vein.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Re-release of SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES

Post by Lind »

You have no idea how hard it's been to sit on this bit of news. It's been baking for months.
RPM/Cherry Red Records is about to release SINCE THERE WERE CIRCLES -- my favorite album not counting LIND LIVE AT THE LUNA STAR.
It was originally released in 1971.
The CD will feature at least four (possibly six) previously unreleased tracks that were recorded around the same time.
Right now, the release date has been set for October 31. That could change, but consider it at least carved in sand if not stone.
When it's issued, It will be available here on my site in the Merch section.
If you just can't wait to get your order in, however, please visit Amazon to pre-order.

And while we're on the subject of breaking news. Please check out the new announcement in the KEEPING TRACK OF TIME section.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Amazing...yeah, I saw it on Amazon the other night and wondered 'What the *&^%$('?! CIRCLES on an official CD.....can't wait.....especially for the bonus tracks (Can you give us any song titles?).....hopefully it doesn't get delayed. Another hope is that it's not a vinyl dub, and that they got to use the master tapes......

Congratulations Bob!
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Just got an e-mail from Mark at RPM.....master tapes were definitely used, and apparently Bob even sat in on the re-mastering. Great......can't wait! Still wondering about possible bonus track titles......
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
Matt

Post by Matt »

I'm with you Rob...this is all very exciting! "Since There Were Circles" has long been one of my favorite all-time albums...I remember my aunt bought me my vinyl copy off ebay several years ago for my 14th birthday. The seller was kind enough to include a CD as well...but nothing will beat hearing a clean "Circles"....can't wait to hear "City Scenes" blaring out of the speakers! :D
Last edited by Matt on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

This is fantastic. If the previously unreleased songs equal the caliber of the other songs on Circles, we have some great music to look forward to. Since they were recorded during the same time period as the album, there is good reason to be believe they will be. This is a very exciting development!
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Link to rough draft of CIRCLES CD article edited. See link below for finished article. :D
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Susanne Gilmore

Post by Susanne Gilmore »

Rob - thanks for the link to the interview and info on the bonus tracks for "Circles". The last 3 are songs that I haven't heard before! I checked on the Collector's Choice website & they have both this cd and the "Ultimate collection" for sale. No cover photo or track listing shown at this time though.
Last edited by Susanne Gilmore on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill

Post by bill »

Absolutely ....nice research and thanks for sharing. Some pretty interesting comments from Bob with several I have not heard him elude to on this board. A re-mix of "Circles" ...ah but we all have something to look forward to with bonus tracks to boot !! "San Francisco Woman" is a long time personal favorite and look forward to hearing the version Bob himself prefers.

"She's a San Francisco Woman she knows how to maintaaaaain :} !!!
Last edited by bill on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel H

Post by Daniel H »

Very interesting and informative Rob. The more info we can get our hands on the better. I was impressed by the quality of Gerry's write up. Hope he reviews the CD when it comes out in October.
Last edited by Daniel H on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'll catch a fleeting glimpse of someone's fading shadow...
MUSICERA

Post by MUSICERA »

Marvellous news re: Circles. :D It took a good ol' U.K. company like RPM to finally get it released though. :wink: And with bonus cuts to boot ! Christmas is coming early this year !!!

Apologies for being away from the site for a while. Had my own computer problems and was then very busy setting up another record store. So I for one will be stocking and doing the hard sell on as many Circles CDs as I can. I know that a number of the major high street chains don't always stock RPM's titles but I'll try and make up for it ! Shame it's only gonna be available on import in the U.S. though.

Hey Bob...exclusive U.K. CD release...U.K. fans rediscovering a lost classic...reviews in the U.K. music press...super high U.K. profile...the time is right for that U.K. tour methinks...so book yer flight, grab yer guitar and come on over !!!

Jaimie
Last edited by MUSICERA on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Post by Lind »

Your yap to God's ear, Jaimie.
Nothing would please me more than making that leap across The Pond.
Welcome back to the board.

And thanks to all of you for your clearly heartfelt enthusiasm about the re-release.
Just one minor correction. I'm not sure where all the information is coming from, but to my knowledge, they're not going to remix the songs. They may re-master them, but that's a different set of dogs.
I could be wrong about it but I think the mixes will remain status quo.

As to the blurb on that Steve Hoffman page. The guy took my words verbatim but I don't know what those three asterisks are about (pain in the ***??!!) What are we in Sunday school here? I sent him a followup e-mail asking him to either leave it as I wrote it ("Pain in the ass to work with") or change it to "Nightmare to work with." But I never heard from him -- not even an acknowledgment that he heard from me.
Maybe he never got the email. but for the record, the censorship was his not mine.
Always the danger in giving interviews to people you don't know.
Last edited by Lind on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

No, no Bob......don't blame Gerry......that's that forum.....any swear words written there get modified. Forum rules I think....no foul language allowed.
grant
Admonkeystrator

Post by grant »

Oh [expletive] that [expletive]ing [expletive]! I [expletive] the [expletive] mother of the vile creature who [expletive]d up the [expletive]ing concept of censorship.

That's just a bunch of [expletive]ing [expletive]!

------
By the way, if any of you feel like penning Amazon user reviews up at that first link, either before or after hearing the new release, please go and do. Those thing affect how products place in searches, so the more positives, the higher the ranking.

Don't, uh, blow your wad all at once, though -- I think it's only one review to a customer, so judge your timing well.
Last edited by grant on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

Here's the finished write-up on Gerry's website.....

http://www.pauseandplay.com/fylp.htm
Rufus Buzzard

Re-release of Since There Were Circles

Post by Rufus Buzzard »

What great news! It's made my day.

Bill
Last edited by Rufus Buzzard on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rufus Buzzard