Favourite Lind tracks

Share favorite lyrics, swap guitar tabs and talk about the songs.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

bob_32_116

Favourite Lind tracks

Post by bob_32_116 »

Before the recent debacle, there was a discussion thread where people were invited to send in their Top 10 Lind songs. Was there an outcome from that? I did not find out about the board going down until some time after it happened so I don't know whether that topic was wound up or not.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dont_be_concerned

Post by dont_be_concerned »

The results of the favorites poll were saved by Liz and are under the topic "Come on members". I decided to see which songs were the real favorites. There were only 14 responses to the poll. A total of 55 different songs were on the lists.

Elusive Butterfly was listed as number one the most - three times. I Can't Walk Roads of Anger and How the Nights Can Fly were each number one on two lists.

Mr. Zero was on the most lists - 8 out of the 14. Elusive Butterfly and Roll the Windows Down appeared on 7 lists. Spilling Over and How the Nights Can Fly were each on 6 lists. Three songs appeared on 5 lists each: Drifter's Sunrise, Theme From the Music Box, and China.

I then decided to get a numerical value of each songs popularity, so I assigned a value of 10 for each number one, 9 for each number 2, and so

on. After tallying up the totals, this is the top 10:
1. How the Nights Can Fly had the top score with 45
2. Elusive Butterfly: 42
3. Mister Zero and Spilling Over (tie): 37
5. Theme From The Music Box: 36
6. Roll the Windows Down: 35
7. China: 31
8. It's Just My Love: 30
9. Drifter's Sunrise: 27
10. Three way tie with 23 each:
Dale Anne, Eleanor, and West Virginia Summer's Child
Last edited by dont_be_concerned on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob_32_116

My favourites

Post by bob_32_116 »

Thanks for that info, DBC. Interesting!

I have not actually written out my top 10, but there would be a certain overlap with your list, as well as a few differences. I still think Butterfly would top my list, though there have been times when It's Just My Love has been my favourite of the moment.

I have also been getting to know the Circles album (kindly sent to me by Matthew), and the track I keep coming back to is Sweet Harriet, so that would be on my list somewhere.
Last edited by bob_32_116 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MUSICERA

Post by MUSICERA »

I've been away from the message board for a while. Won't bore you with the details but just wanted to say thanks to DBC for accumulating the results on the thread I started re: Fave Bob songs. It was a shame that the poll was cut short because of the website debacle but I think we got a decent response. We may have to do another one now that Since There Were Circles is coming out with bonus tracks ! Can't wait...
Last edited by MUSICERA on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jeffbenton

Post by jeffbenton »

Regarding the original Since There Were Circles album:

Bob... I got lucky back in 1972, and found a copy of the vinyl album on a trip through a Denver record shop.
Do you ever ride motorcycles these days (as pictured on the album cover)? I can just see you: hair flying in the breeze, guitar strapped to your back, and love bugs stuck to those smiling teeth!
What are your memories of Doug Weston's and your guest musicians' reactions to and hopes for the album after completion?
Also, there seem to be tonal differences in the sound of your voice on some songs (e.g. City Scenes as compared to Sweet Harriet). My imagination or what?

Some of my favorite songs from the album:

Sweet Harriet (Seeker2be ... I remember this song and Branch of Dead
Leaves being performed by Bob at the USC free clinic
concert many moons ago. Had we only known each other
then, and how things would come back together again
decades later!)
Spilling Over
Anymore
Since There Were Circles
Love Came Riding
She Can Get Along
Not That I Would Want Her Back
Up in the Morning Me

SPECIAL DVD REQUEST: If the songs to be released on the new DVD are still under consideration, please please please consider Bottle of Wine. Ya just gotta, man! If you don't, ALL of my illusions of your saintliness will be completely dead and gone!
Last edited by jeffbenton on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
willied

Post by willied »

I have been trying to get Bob's song "Cheryls goin' home" for ages, and cant seem to be able to find it anywhere. Can anybody help me with this?
Last edited by willied on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

willied wrote:I have been trying to get Bob's song "Cheryls goin' home" for ages, and cant seem to be able to find it anywhere. Can anybody help me with this?
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.a ... 8952&BAB=E
Last edited by rob68 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....
willied

Post by willied »

Thanks, Rob, much obliged, you have just made my day.
Last edited by willied on Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob68

Post by rob68 »

I've been listening to Bob's new demos again lately. So many great tracks there. "How To Get Depressed" is the absolute coolest song.
....I went to the river and I stood on the shore. I stood in the twilight of the life I had before....