Southern California Tour

Where's Bob now? Lind live shows, CD releases and media appearances.

Moderators: Lind, Jill

Lind
Declaring Lindependence

Southern California Tour

Post by Lind »

Finally, after almost 20 years, I’m coming back to play the Los Angeles area. And I can’t wait to get at you sun-baked West Coasters!
The tour will start on Sunday, October 22 at THE COFFEE GALLERY BACKSTAGE, arguably California’s most-prestigious acoustic venue.
It will culminate in the taping of an in-studio DVD on Sunday, November 12.
In between, there’ll be four other club dates that are still being put into place, including one at Little Pedro’s in the Little Tokyo area.
But for now, let me just talk about these two main events – the bookends that hold the tour together.

Oct. 22, Sunday
THE COFFEE GALLERY BACKSTAGE

2029 North Lake
Altadena, CA. 91001
Reservations (626) 398-7917 If you can only make one gig, I recommend this one. No better place to see me. It’s owned and operated by Bob Stane, whose legendary ICE HOUSE hosted the country’s finest acoustic acts and comedians in the 60s – a la Steve Martin, The Smothers Brothers, The Modern Folk Quartet, Pat Paulson, Hoyt Axton, The Limelighters and, yes, Bob Lind.
This new club carries on that tradition.
(visit http://www.coffeegallery.com/home.html)
Dafni Amirsakis will open the show. I’ve never seen her but I understand she’s amazing.
But please hear me on this: I can’t urge you strongly enough to make reservations early. It’s a small club and I’m hoping to sell out. (I’m talking capacity-wise here, not artistically.) It tends to fill up fast.

Nov. 12, Sunday
Taping of
BOB LIND LIVE DVD

This is the main reason I'm coming. It's going to be recorded at a small studio. I'll be working partly with a band; partly solo. It's going to be available in the merch. section and at shows when it's released (probably around the first of the year).

NOTE: Don't try to add to this thread. If you want to comment, start a new thread below.