Bob Lind's Message Board

let's talk about it
Click to return to BobLind.com
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Misleading Lyrics
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:46 pm 

Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show - When You're in love with a beautiful woman, IT'S HARD. :oops:

Post subject: Recent Comment
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:59 pm 

You boys may want to "play" somewhere else. Long time fans such as myself were both surprised and thrilled when Bob started this site. You will see some, early on, healthy exchanges regarding Bob & his music. Not a big FaceBook guy but you if you check out Bob there you will see what he is currently involved in and the many followers he continues to have ..."just saying."

Post subject: Re: Recent Comment
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:43 pm 

bill wrote:
You boys may want to "play" somewhere else. Long time fans such as myself were both surprised and thrilled when Bob started this site. You will see some, early on, healthy exchanges regarding Bob & his music. Not a big FaceBook guy but you if you check out Bob there you will see what he is currently involved in and the many followers he continues to have ..."just saying."

Bill

Thank you for your comments. When I found recently that Bob had created this site, I was over the moon. Bob was one of my boyhood heroes.

When I saw the state of this site, I was disappointed. It seemed that most, if not all, had deserted the site and gone elsewhere. Some of the threads hadn't been commented on, not for days, weeks or months but, in some cases, for years.

Initially, I posted some comments which, I thought, were in keeping with the spirit of the site. To no avail. No one replied.

So, I started posting on all sorts of topics - just to breath some sort of life into this forum. It was a case of haulin' flags up poles to see which, if any, anyone saluted.

I'm not sure whether it's working or not but some of the threads that I've started are starting to get some air play, not a lot of airplay, granted, but some and some is better than none.

I could walk away. That would be easy, would it not? Maybe I don't want easy. Maybe Bob deserves better than this. Maybe this forum can be revived.

A couple of weeks ago, before I started posting, no one was posting. Then, after I started posting, Bob (not Lind) started to post. Now you. OK, it's not the liveliest place in town but it's a whole lot livelier than it was.

There's a Mod still kicking around by the name of Grant. I'll be guided by him. If he objects, I'll quit posting and walk. So far, he ain't objected and I know he's still around because he's emailed me.

You may wish for this place to die a death rather than to see us 'play' here. That's your view, but it ain't mine. On the other hand, you could help revive this place too.

'Just sayin''.

Post subject: Re: Misleading Lyrics
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:07 pm 

You really seem to like controversy. Was only trying to help by recommending FB. Been on this board since 2004 and a fan since 1966...just saying.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:29 pm 

bill wrote:
You really seem to like controversy. Was only trying to help by recommending FB. Been on this board since 2004 and a fan since 1966...just saying.

I have no interest in controversy - none at all. I've been polite and honest. I'm trying to breath some life into this forum is all.

I do not go on FB or Twitter or any social media of that ilk on principle.

This forum was dying/dead on its feet. I tried posting in-keeping with the spirit of this forum. I got no response. I'm now posting on a range of topics - not to be controversial - but to revive this place.

There's a Mod, Grant, still keeping his eye on things, I believe. Should he object, I'll respect his wishes. As of this point, he hasn't objected.

Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:05 pm 

I know nothing of your principles and am not at all interested. I rarely visit this for forum as more current information can be found elsewhere. Should I ever be looking for tips on "horse racing" I will likely look elsewhere. Do Mods even exist anymore ? ...just askin but not really interested...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:22 am 

bill wrote:
I know nothing of your principles and am not at all interested. I rarely visit this for forum as more current information can be found elsewhere. Should I ever be looking for tips on "horse racing" I will likely look elsewhere. Do Mods even exist anymore ? ...just askin but not really interested...

Bill

Neglecting your most recent posts, you post, on average, about twice a year. Hardly the stuff of a vibrant message board I would have thought. For a board, such as this, to remain popular, effort is required from participants. In my opinion, posting, on average, twice a year in no way constitutes 'effort'. Criticising those who are prepared to post on a more regular basis and those who are prepared to work to maintain a board's popularity seems strange, even at best.

Do Mods exist anymore? Yes, there's a Mod called Grant with whom I recently exchanged a number of emails.

Bill, I'd prefer it if we could work together to improve the popularity of this forum. If not, so be it. I'd be happy to attempt the feat myself.

If anyone else would like to join in, that would be great.

Smiles.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:20 pm 

Good chatting ...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:10 am 

Mondrian, I think the problem is that most of us who visit this board are not the slightest bit interested in horse racing. As you say, the site does need to be livened up, and I visit every so often to see if any new interesting discussions are posted, or any new additions to interesting old discussions. Your efforts to breathe new life into the board are appreciated.

When I saw the topic heading "Honest Mondrian's Gambling Joint" my immediate initial reaction was "Hmmm, the spammers have got to the site again". If you have been on sites that get flooded with spam advertising ways of making fast money, you will understand why I thought that. Then I saw you had generated a music-related post, and also replied to one of my posts, and I realised you were obviously not a spammer.

Can I make a suggestion? Stick around. Tell us what you know and like about Bob Lind, or ask about him. Tell us about your other musical likes and dislikes. By all means, post on other off-topic subjects like what you did on your summer holidays. However, if you post about something and it does not generate any interest on the board, let it go and find a different topic. For example, I think it's clear by now that you are the only one here with any interest in talking about how to make money on horses.

I am not a moderator, just a member like you. This is just my suggestion, based on what I have seen works and doesn't work on various music fora.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:26 am 

error

Last edited by Mondrian on Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:47 am 

Mondrian wrote:
bob_32_116 wrote:
Mondrian, I think the problem is that most of us who visit this board are not the slightest bit interested in horse racing. As you say, the site does need to be livened up, and I visit every so often to see if any new interesting discussions are posted, or any new additions to interesting old discussions. Your efforts to breathe new life into the board are appreciated.

When I saw the topic heading "Honest Mondrian's Gambling Joint" my immediate initial reaction was "Hmmm, the spammers have got to the site again". If you have been on sites that get flooded with spam advertising ways of making fast money, you will understand why I thought that. Then I saw you had generated a music-related post, and also replied to one of my posts, and I realised you were obviously not a spammer.

Can I make a suggestion? Stick around. Tell us what you know and like about Bob Lind, or ask about him. Tell us about your other musical likes and dislikes. By all means, post on other off-topic subjects like what you did on your summer holidays. However, if you post about something and it does not generate any interest on the board, let it go and find a different topic. For example, I think it's clear by now that you are the only one here with any interest in talking about how to make money on horses.

I am not a moderator, just a member like you. This is just my suggestion, based on what I have seen works and doesn't work on various music fora.

Thanks for your post Bob, it's much appreciated.

Just so that we are both on the same page as it were: my initial posts were music related. I responded to the Sixties thread if you recall. I then wrote some, what I laughingly refer to as poetry. Did I get many responses or much air play? Nope.

Why that would cause you to think that I was a spammer is puzzling.

It was only then that I came up with Honest Mondrian's Gambling Joint. It's now making a healthy profit by the way and yes, I studied the sport of kings long and hard. In fact, at one point, I was putting in so much time and effort studying the sport (up to 20 hr. days), I ended up with sciatica, a frozen shoulder and in hospital after collapsing twice in the same night through pain and exhaustion. I kid you not.

Did I get any responses to the Gambling Joint thread? Nope - not yet but both you and Bill have commented on it on other threads! That, at least, is a beginning.

Did my gambling joint thread get any air play? Yup - big time. People must be interested in horse racing because the thread has been read 682 times in the past 18 days. It's the most popular thread, at least in terms of being read, in quite some time. The other possibility is that 682 members all read the thread once, decided that they had no interest in it and never read it again. :D

Am I trying to turn folks into gamblers? Nope. Just a trying to whip up some enthusiasm. Once that's on tap, we can then steer it towards Bob and his music. Right now, there doesn't appear to be any enthusiasm for the latter on here. Pity. :(

Just to be even handed, I then started the story of music thread and the misleading lyrics thread. You responded to one and Bill to the other. Air play wasn't great though. :(

So, yup, let's talk Bob and his music - when there's members who want to. 'Til then, it looks like I'll just be whistling Dixie. So, I'm just gonna sit here, post on various topics and try to generate some enthusiasm :!:

I ain't trying to make you uppity and all. Just trying to say where I'm comin' from and why so that you don't misunderstand me and my motives.

What I want is to make this forum lively.

Hope that you understand. If not, just holler and we talk some more.

I'm planning to stick around, at least for a spell. Hopefully, people won't see me as the bad guy for too much longer and might even get used to me, my ways and start chatting. You never know. I know that peeps are reading this forum coz I ain't accessed my horse racing thread 682 times in 18 days, that's for sure!

Kindest regards